Green card expires 3 days after I enter USA

Mhhsk

Hello.

I have lived in USA for the past 10 years and have never travelled outside USA for more than 30-40 days. I had to travel outside USA due to a family emergency on July 20. My return flight is August 28. I just realized that my green card expires August 31.
Will I be denied re-entry because of how soon my green card is expiring?
Should I change my flight and return sooner?
Can I/should I start the green card renewal application while abroad? Or should I wait til I get back?

Please help me. I'm freaking out. I have a life in USA and don't want to loose or risk anything

Hello.

I have lived in USA for the past 10 years and have never travelled outside USA for more than 30-40 days. I had to travel outside USA due to a family emergency on July 20. My return flight is August 28. I just realized that my green card expires August 31.
Will I be denied re-entry because of how soon my green card is expiring?
Should I change my flight and return sooner?
Can I/should I start the green card renewal application while abroad? Or should I wait til I get back?

Please help me. I'm freaking out. I have a life in USA and don't want to loose or risk anything

Relax. The card is still valid for that entry and your status as an LPR is unaffected even when your GC expires. Just replace it when you get back.