Green Card Bond Issue

Discussion in 'Homeland Security Harassment Issues' started by Babu71, Jun 4, 2006.

  1. Babu71

    Babu71 Registered Users (C)


    I worked for my old employer for more than 6 years & they had filed for my GC processing. They had taken a bond from me that if I leave the company before the GC comes or within 1 year of my GC approval, I'll need to pay $8000 for that. My GC was filed in early 2001. By the way since couple of years my old employer exploited me..he employed me in a place where I had to commute 120 miles a day, spend 12 hours shift & work on weekends.

    I requested the old employer to find a job near to my home locally as this job was very taxing on me & also I started developing some serious medical problems. My family started having mental problems as well due to this. My old employer never bothered to do anything for me. Hence I quit. Also my 485 has been filed & I have my EAD thru them. Now the old employer is asking me to pay $8000 for this bond. He has already earned enough money from me during these 6 years, never increased my salary. Please let me know if this is legal. He has also send a summon to me to pay the amount. Can anyone please advise how do we proceed on this?? I just signed 1 page for this green card bond. Also it mentions in the bond that if you resign voluntarily, then you have to pay this amount. But in my case I didnt resign voluntarily..I was forced to quit due to the nature of the job. They were just expoliting me!! Any help will be highly appreciated !!

  2. GotPR?

    GotPR? Registered Users (C)

    Asking reimbursement for GC is not illegal.

Share This Page