Green Card Arrival timeline - Baby born outside USA

BarodaNY

Registered Users (C)
My LPR wife gave birth to our baby in Canada, baby was processed for permanent residency at the Toronto airport in NA3 category, they stamped 1-551 valid for 1 year and created landing record (I-181), given Alien number as well. Officer in secondary inspection area was nice and cool, he processed all the paperwork correctly.

Just curious to know, how long it's gonna take for the physical green card to arrive. Stamping was done in March'07. Also, how long should we wait for Green card before calling CIS customer support?

I know I-551 stamp works for 1 year to travel, but we just want to be safe as they both will travel alone and I am still waiting for F2A interview.
PD- May 2002.. Hope it comes soon.. Can't wait to live with my 6 months old.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your baby will not have any problems crossing between Canada and the US. He is a citizen of one and a PR of the other. A Canadian passport with an I-551 stamp is a very sought out possession :)

Thanks for reply, I-551 stamp is not on baby's passport, its on I-181 landing record. They did not even ask for baby or mother's passport. I believe it doesn't make much difference as far as they have recorded all the details in their database.

Still need an answer, when would actual Green card arrive? Whats the average timeline to receive GC after stamping, is it going to delay in our case as its a kinda special category (NA3)

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: