jhelitablazin

Please can someone advise...
I am a UK citizen and have held my green card for almost 10 years and currently work for a US airline in the US.
I have recently accepted a job with British airways as cabin crew, based out of London Heathrow.
To my knowledge non US crew members are required to obtain a D1 visa to travel into the US on any vessel.
However I do not intend to abondon my status here in the US and to my understanding can apply for a rentry permit for up to two years.
But cannot see how its possible to hold both a D1 crew visa and green card at the same time.
My dilemma is my green card expires next month and I am about to submit my renewal application in the next week.
Please can someone advice me as to how I can work as a British airways crew member without jeopordizing my permenant residency??
Is there a way or loophole that allows me to retain my residency via a rentry permit and also hold a D1 crew visa.
Please help as I am not I do not want to pay green card renewal, rentry permit and D1 fees in vain ???

Get US citizenship. That should get rid of the need for re-entry permits and the like. Besides, as far as I'm aware, a re-entry permit is only valid for a single re-entry to the US. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. So if you will be making multiple exits and re-entries to the US as a flight crewmember, the re-entry permit is not for you. In addition, you do not qualify for a crew visa since you are a permanent resident.