Grantyed Asylum in 2004 Never did I-485

dave_bj

Registered Users (C)
....That is until today. Just sent the paperwork this morning. I would like to know if I should still expect to wait 10 years or so for an available visa (Green Card).- Is there still a 50,000 limit on the number of Grren Cards assigned to asylees per year?

....That is until today. Just sent the paperwork this morning. I would like to know if I should still expect to wait 10 years or so for an available visa (Green Card).- Is there still a 50,000 limit on the number of Grren Cards assigned to asylees per year?

Thank God that there is no cap anymore. Namecheck has improved vastly. If all goes well, expect an approval in 6-9 months or earlier in some cases.

There is two pple here who have received their GC with two to three months this year
(2009). Am waiting on mine after TSC receiving my RFE on 6/30/2009 and doing my Biocode 3 on 6/25/2009. My LUD says i wait for a written notice with 60 days since 6/30/2009. Hopefully i will not get any more RFE (i already sent RFE for medical & G325A)

It was 10000 a year approved by cogress. I have heard that because of National ID Act, 10000 cap a year has been liifted so there is no limit on the number of GC approval a year for asylees anymore.They do process asylees GC full force now. As some of you might remember even 10000 gc approval was not honored and proceess by INS at the time and it was skipped few years which lead to law sue against INS and guess what? INS lost and it was really big mess and that was the main reasons it could take 10 years or more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hope I am just a lucky as those whow got it in 4 to 6 months. QUESTION: When I look on the USCIS website for the Texas service Center Processing times, is shows July 31st 2008. Does it rule out any possibility of receiving card within a year?

All depends on how many applicant have filled betwen July and the time you filled and how many of them will be completed every month, so you can not really rule out what will happen. I would monitor processing time for while and try to calculate approximate speed of process.

Last edited by a moderator: