Granted Asylum

calialva

Registered Users (C)
I was granted asylum November 2009; this Noviember I am planning to submit my I-485. After USCIS receives all my paperwork:
1.- Will they interview me?
2.- Will I need to have my passport stamped the Green Card?
3.- How long since the date they received my paperwork will I get my Green Card?
4.- Is submitting last 12 monthly utility bills enought o prove one year stay since last November?
Thank you

No, you will not be interviewed again. Your green card will come in the mail. You don't need your green card stamped, but you will have to submit your I-94, with the asylum granted stamp.

The time between submitting your paper work and getting your Green card is taking about 6 months or less.

A utility bill is a good proof of residency. You can also send a copy of your mortgage or rental agreement and/or your school or work/employment proof.

This are just ideas...

I was granted asylum November 2009; this Noviember I am planning to submit my I-485. After USCIS receives all my paperwork:
1.- Will they interview me?
2.- Will I need to have my passport stamped the Green Card?
3.- How long since the date they received my paperwork will I get my Green Card?
4.- Is submitting last 12 monthly utility bills enought o prove one year stay since last November?
Thank you

Don't rule out the no interview part. My brother was called for an interview just to clarify some of the items in the application.