Government Programs for US citizen- children

Njie

I am waiting on approval for I485... One of my daughters was born in the US and needs special education, my wife was contacted by a state social worker and she says my daughter can be enrolled in Headstart (government program) due to her especial needs. I know we can not get any help from the Government, but does taht include my children even they are US citizens? Where can I read more about this law? Please someone advise

No Title

Your child can get help from the US government as she is a US Citizen. I know a couple who is on F1/F2, but they are getting Public Aid for their US Citizen Child.

This is just my opinion on this case, you may want to consult a lawyer.

No Title

The child defenitely can get it. The issue for parents is what
answer they should to questions like:"Have you received any
public assitances?" on green card and natulization forms.

No Title

Your child can most definitely get alllll the help that the government is providing. I guess this is true even if your child is not born here-you being in the school district area entitles you to those services. It is the school district that ultimately pays for these services. She definitely deserves those services if they think she is qualified. Please don\'t hesistate to get any help they provide. Ask your attorney if you are so concerned what it will do to your greencard.

No Title

Thank you all for your advise and support. It really helps to get opinions from people like you....I will speak to my attorney about the matter...