Got TN1 with DUI

Hi TN1 Community.

I want to express my thanks to all of you for providing the support and information. Just wanted to share my experience. Instead of applying by mail, I went to POE and got TN1 with DUI. So Artinaz you have your answer.

Also, I was told by two officers together at POE that we get 30 days grace period and that I am out of status after that we are out of status. Also, other officer informally said that we get maximum 7 TN1's...Never heard of these rules before... Please enlighten . I explained that 60 days grace period but wasn't sure. May be rules changed?

Also, I have pending I 539 and receipt number is not received yet and I was told to cancel it as they can't as i am not in the system yet. Please advise at what address should i send the request and whether i should request for withdrawal of application or cancellation of application? What wording should i use and do they send confirmation whether its been cancelled because i don't want it to be overwritten with B2 pending result.

Thanks.

The grace period is 60 days. There is no limit on number of TNs.

You write to the same address as you sent the I-539. Simply state that you are withdrawing the petition. Follow its progress online.

Hi TN1 Community.

I want to express my thanks to all of you for providing the support and information. Just wanted to share my experience. Instead of applying by mail, I went to POE and got TN1 with DUI. So Artinaz you have your answer.

Also, I was told by two officers together at POE that we get 30 days grace period and that I am out of status after that we are out of status. Also, other officer informally said that we get maximum 7 TN1's...Never heard of these rules before... Please enlighten . I explained that 60 days grace period but wasn't sure. May be rules changed?

Also, I have pending I 539 and receipt number is not received yet and I was told to cancel it as they can't as i am not in the system yet. Please advise at what address should i send the request and whether i should request for withdrawal of application or cancellation of application? What wording should i use and do they send confirmation whether its been cancelled because i don't want it to be overwritten with B2 pending result.

Thanks.

tnaspirant, which POE did you go to?