Got the Long awaited Emails

whereis_GC

Registered Users (C)
I got the long awaited email from USCIS and CRIS (10 of them in all for me and my spouce) saying "Your application (485) has been approved"

Little Background:

Priority Date: Jan 2001 (Sub Labor)
485 RD : July 2003
EAD's : 3
Changed jobs : 2 Times (Notified only the first time)

I have contacted the Senator in the past and his office was not very useful. They pretty much read the online message over the phone to me said that is the lastest they could find.

Contacted the USCIS national customer service in the last week of August and they gave me a reference. In a month I recieved notice for second fingerprint (First expired in Feb/March 2006) Code 1, couple of days later I got a letter for my inquiry saying the application was stuck in the name check process and if the application is not approved with in the next 6 months contact them again. On October 11th I got the emails and October 16th I got the approvals in the mail.

Thanks to everyone on the forum.

I contacted USCIS national customer service in the 3rd week of July and I got the notice on Sept 12th for second finger prints and Sept 20th I got the reply to the inquiry saying "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision as the required investigation into your background remains open......."

My earlier post has an error in the dates related to the inquiry. Sorry about that.

whereis_GC said:
I got the long awaited email from USCIS and CRIS (10 of them in all for me and my spouce) saying "Your application (485) has been approved"

Little Background:

I have contacted the Senator in the past and his office was not very useful. They pretty much read the online message over the phone to me said that is the lastest they could find.

Contacted the USCIS national customer service in the last week of August and they gave me a reference. In a month I recieved notice for second fingerprint (First expired in Feb/March 2006) Code 1, couple of days later I got a letter for my inquiry saying the application was stuck in the name check process and if the application is not approved with in the next 6 months contact them again. On October 11th I got the emails and October 16th I got the approvals in the mail.

Congratulations...

Congratulations!!!!
My RD is mid 2005, but it heartens me to know that they are tackling older cases first. At least they are COMPARATIVELY going in a sequential order. There are fewer cases prior to 2005 so I guess they will soon start handling 2005 cases and not jump ahead and behind like they used to do so before.
--Naveen Oshos
whereis_GC said:
I contacted USCIS national customer service in the 3rd week of July and I got the notice on Sept 12th for second finger prints and Sept 20th I got the reply to the inquiry saying "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision as the required investigation into your background remains open......."

My earlier post has an error in the dates related to the inquiry. Sorry about that.

Cong!

whereis_GC said:

Little Background: