Got RFE for Birth Cert - Please Help

ht1

Folks I got an Rfe last week for wrong birth cert. I originally got BC from Indian consulate , that did not have mom\'s name. I used this to file 485. But I was expecting this RFE. SO I got a proper BC recently from municipality in India with all details to use in case of an RFE. However, the RFE specifically asked for affidavets. No alternatives !. I talked to my lawyer and he said the new BC I have is sufficiant ( instead of affidavites since it may take couple weeks to get them from India )and I mailed it yesterday to NSC. But today I ready in this forum that some of you have got RFE even in case you have a recent date as the date of registration in the Municipality. That is baffling. My BC has a date of registration last 10/2001. Will this cause problem ?.

If NSC does not like the BC I sent will that result in a denial. Or will the issue another RFE ?. Please answer. Thanks All.

get affidavites ready in case...

I\'ve also read on this board that NSC does not consider BC if B is registered within last 5 years. So keep 2 affidavites handy just in case NSC issue another RFE. And thats all you can do right now.

hi jk: I am so glad to hear ..

hi jk:

I am so glad that you got REF finally and that is not serious.
I suggest that you cousult your lawyer to avoid another REF. Good luck

I am still waiting for my dear Mr. REF to come.

No Title

Hi Jk,

I have a question for U:

--> What all documents U submitted initially for
BirthCertificate Proof ??

And can U please post Ur ND, RD also.

Thanks

IJ

No Title

Format:

(This affidavit should be notarized)
AFFIDAVIT OF FATHER

I being duly sworn on the 14th day of August 2001 deposes and says that:

1. I am 60 years old and residing at

, India.
2. I am the father of .
3. was born in the city of xxxx, state,
        India on xxst Month 19xx.
4. is the son of my
        wife.
I declare that under the penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.

(Your parent name )

(Affidavit of Birth)

one year rule

Date of registration on birth certificate should be within one year from the date of birth. Else, INS is asking for affidavits. Keep affidavits ready, in case....

No Title

Hello,

I got a RFE asking for birth affidavits. My lawyer sent me the following format...

AFFIDAVIT By [Father\'s Name] or [Mother\'s Last Name]

Re:[Child\'s First Name] [Child\'s Last Name] ( If the child is married, list the following:
(Child\'s Maiden Name: Child\'s Maiden Name))

I, [Father\'s Name] or [Mother\'s Name], hereby depose and say:

1. My full and complete address is [street address with apartment
                    or house number, town/city, state, postal zip code].

2. That I, [Fathers Name] or [Mother\'s ] was born on [date] in the
                    town/city of [city], [country].

3. That I married (father\'s or mother\'s name) on [date of marriage]
                    in the city of [name of city], [country].

4. I had the following children from that marriage:

a. [Child\'s First Name] [Child\'s Last Name]( If child is married
                        list the following:(Child\'s Maiden Name: Childs Maiden Name)
                        born on [date]; and
                    b. [List all of the other children, if applicable]

5. [Child\'s first Name] [Child\'s Last Name] was born in [name of city],
                    [country].

I declare under penalty of perjury, that the foregoing is a true and correct statement.

Questions:
1) I havent seen this kind of format before. Is there any reason I should this and not any other format ?

2) On item # 4 , it asks for a listing of all the children\'s names if applicable. What does if applicable mean ? Should I list all my brothers and sisters or could I just list my name.

3) Has anyone sent this type of affivadit, if yes how was item# 4 answered.

Please share your experience.

Thanks,

How long it takes after INS rceives reply for RFE?

My AVM updated today saying they received the response to RFE.

No Title

Hi JK,

Can you please let us know, as to
* what did they asked for RFE (for Birth Certificates)
* and what documents you submitted initially (during 485 filing).

Sorry for posting these questions again, but i
think you didn\'t checked my previous postings.

Thanks and best wishes

IJ

QUESTION ABOUT BIRTH CERTIFICATE

I sent in the copy of my notarized BC when filing the 485, but it was notarized more than 8 years ago in China. Kind of wondering whether I should get another done before the INS send me the RFE. Anyone can answer my question ? Thanks.

Lucky

Hi jk, you are lucky to get the RFE beacuse you are sure NSC is working on your case and if you submit Affidavits from your parents or an elderly person who was present or knows your bitrh, then within a month your case will be approved. I feel RFE is a good thing to get. You provide the exact document and your case is done.

format of Affdavit from Relative

Can anyone tell me the format
of Affidavit from Relative.

and how the relations needs to
be specified in the Format

Thanks a ton

Chel