got my passport stamped

baapji

Registered Users (C)
I applied in june2001 for immigration from US ( buffalo )
got my file # back in sept.2001
medical papers end of april2002
another letter to submit my photgraphs in aug2002
and then finally a letter saying to submit my passport in Dec.2002
and end of Dec. 2002 I got it stamped and as per the date I ve to be in Canada to activate it by end of april2003

I m on H1B and GC in progress

I m curious in what form we have to take money to Canada

Bank statement of a reputed bank here in US ll work or I can transfer funds in to some canada branch of that bank. which one is better.

and

Plz list TO DO and "how n where to do" things after entering and before leaving to India to settle the things(;))

thanks in anticipation

:cool:

So exactly how many days it took from the time you mailed your passport to receipt of the stamped pp?

Originally posted by baapji
I applied in june2001 for immigration from US ( buffalo )
got my file # back in sept.2001
medical papers end of april2002
another letter to submit my photgraphs in aug2002
and then finally a letter saying to submit my passport in Dec.2002
and end of Dec. 2002 I got it stamped and as per the date I ve to be in Canada to activate it by end of april2003

I m on H1B and GC in progress

I m curious in what form we have to take money to Canada

Bank statement of a reputed bank here in US ll work or I can transfer funds in to some canada branch of that bank. which one is better.

and

Plz list TO DO and "how n where to do" things after entering and before leaving to India to settle the things(;))

thanks in anticipation

:cool:

Carry little amount(2000-2500) inform Cashier cheque, and tell them later you wire tranfer. Note unless they ask u abt funds,dont show.dont forget to apply for PR and SIN cards/
Good luck

Re: Re: got my passport stamped

Originally posted by canus_immi
apply for PR and SIN cards/
Good luck

and how long those ll take cos I ve to plan my india trip accordingly

mercury It took 5 days through fedex like I posted on wednesday they received it on friday ( that was 2nd business day delivery ) the return package was overnight and was with me on tuesday

pretty fasst huh...:D

Hi Baapji,

I need some immediate assistance on sending passport for stamping:

1) With the letter there is a grey envelope, they asked to send passport & photographs in this envelope. Do I need to send the letter as well in the grey envelope??? This is confusing because the letter says exactly the following ways:

• Return original passport(s) with this letter in the grey envelope.
• Do not include any documents other than your passports and photographs in this envelope.

2) Exactly how you did fedex the passport?? Did you send them a stamped, self-addressed envelope to return the passports?

3) Are the required photographs immigration photographs or passport photographs??

Thanks,

Shamim

Hi Baapji,

I filed my application as the same time as you(06/2001). I'm confused why the package of my landing paper I received is different from yours.

After medical examination, I received an approved pachage on 04/2002. It just includes Landing paper, Imm 5455 form, instruction for new immigrants, and a letter.

The letter said:
" Enclosed pls find an "Immi. Visa and Record of Landing". Pls carefully review your visa to ensure that all info. is correct. If you find any errors in the name, .......

You must personally present your visa with a valid passport at POE before the expiration date shown in box 33. ...... "

I was not required to submit my passport to stamp for visa. So I wonder that if it is the same paper for the immi. visa and landing paper.

Anybody can give me useful infomation?

Thanks