• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Got my interview....just some questions!

josh000

Registered Users (C)
So I got my interview today....now the worrying and excitement can truly start!

So, my interview is June 8th....eek!

So...Im an Aussie living in Canada....and have some questions about things I want to double and triple check before I go!

1) I will be going through the US/away from Canada from the 15th to 22nd of may....should that be any issue?

2) Should I schedule my medical as soon as possible? I'd like to wait to schedule it so I will be covered by my insurance, which would mean scheduling it around the 23rd of may as soon as I get back. That would also be 2 weeks before my interview. Would I have any problems from doing this?

3) Is it correct that I don't need to get a Canadian police check, because I have not lived here for more than 12 months? I've lived here since July 2011 and my Interview is in June, so I guess I don't have to worry about getting any check from Canada?

4) I sent in my photos with all my documentation after being selected....to the KCC, do I need to bring photos with me to the interview?

The time has come to be excited and worry....what an interesting time it will be until that day!

Last edited by a moderator:
2) Should I schedule my medical as soon as possible? I'd like to wait to schedule it so I will be covered by my insurance, which would mean scheduling it around the 23rd of may as soon as I get back. That would also be 2 weeks before my interview. Would I have any problems from doing this?

!

Sorry could you please let me know how we can cover the medical exam cost by insurance. I am in Canada too.
Thanks,

AS..64xxx.
interview: June7, 2012 Montreal

Well I have health insurance through my work....but it covers the cost of a checkup. I will ring the medical office tomorrow and ask if they take insurance.

So I got my interview today....now the worrying and excitement can truly start!

So, my interview is June 8th....eek!

So...Im an Aussie living in Canada....and have some questions about things I want to double and triple check before I go!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1) I will be going through the US/away from Canada from the 15th to 22nd of may....should that be any issue?

- should not be any issue.

- 2 weeks before the interview is good enough if you are in good heath.

3) Is it correct that I don't need to get a Canadian police check, because I have not lived here for more than 12 months? I've lived here since July 2011 and my Interview is in June, so I guess I don't have to worry about getting any check from Canada?
-Not sure but the instructions do say 6 months. see extract

Police clearance certificates: All immigrant visa applicants age 16 and over are required to present a police clearance certificate (original & photocopy) from the country of their current residence, if residence in this country exceeds six months. All immigrant visa applicants age 16 and over are also required to present police clearance certificates from countries of their previous residence, if residence there exceeded one year.

4) I sent in my photos with all my documentation after being selected....to the KCC, do I need to bring photos with me to the interview?

yes better to take because the photos you send maybe over 6 months old by now. they require fresh ones.

another important thing is to ensure your passport has 6 months validity as of interview date.

all the best