Got my card last night!

jigzy

I am not sure if I should even be writing this. I have only posted once, and got answers of course, nonetheless, I have been reading and researching on this forum for a while. I am writing this because I realized some people, just like me, are using this thing as a form of census...so here I am to add to that census. I initially had a problem with Labor Certification since I got audited, but after that, everything went smooth. Am so thankful and I am wishing you all the very best. Keep hopes high even if at times it doesn't seem like that.

Category: EB2
Priority Date: 09/21/07
Labor Cert approval: 04/03/09
Receipt date for I-140: 05/21/09
I-140 approval date: 06/02/09
I-485 receipt date: 06/05/09
I-485 approval date: 07/21/09

Received email from Cris: 2 emails on 07/21/09 and 1 on 07/24/09
Received all mails including the Gold of it all on 07/27/09

P.S. what makes it sweeter is that I have been praying for it as a birthday gift (in this economy, am fighting time so it went to a point of restless nights), and I received the card itself on my exact birthday :)

Consider that as a birthday gift from US:) My understanding is that you filed I-485 right after the I-140 approval. It took them only 1.5months to process your I-485. Which center did you send it to?

yes, it is indeed a great birthday gift :) My case was sent to Texas Service Center. Yes, I filed my I-485 after my I-140 approval, but to my understanding, it was not supposedly like that, my lawyer was still finishing paperworks for my I-485 when my I-140 suddenly got approved, else, he would have sent it even while my I-140 is still processing. Anyway, yes, it took 1 1/2 months to process my I-485, that is why in one letter (received total of 3 letters), it is stated that my EAD and Advance Parole applications are both denied since they won't be needed as my GC has been approved. I am very ecstatic and one of the very best birthday gift I have ever received indeed.

Congrats! 6 weeks for I-485 approval must be a record for the 21st century!

(In the days of Ellis Island they processed immigrants in less than 6 hours, so 6 weeks is not an all-time record.)