Got Interview Letter- Please adivse

485-1101

Registered Users (C)
My case was filed with VSC on Nov-2001 and transfered to local office in Aug-2003, today I received interview letter. In the letter they asked to bring passport, I-94, current employment letter (stating hourly wage, number of hours/week).

But the letter did not mentioned to bring INS style photos, is it normal? Please adivse what all things we need to take to interview.

Thanks in advance.

My advice is to bring everything you can, especially the original documents that you copied and included in your 485 application (e.g., birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc.)

I was interviewed in Baltimore last September. The only documents the IIO asked for were my birth certificate, marriage certificate and passport. (Note that I am a derivative applicant whose papers were separated from my husband's. He got his GC last May while issues about my FP have left me still waiting until now). Anyway, my letter also did not specify that I should bring pictures. But I brought some anyway. The IIO had a couple of pictures from when I applied for parole still enclosed in my file and he asked "How old are these?" I told him they were a few months old but "I have newer ones taken just yesterday." He asked for them.

So I guess in summary, my advice is to bring everything you can think of. It is really up to the IIO's whim as to what he/she may ask for so I think it's best to be prepared.

Good luck!

yes agreed

485-1101,

I agree with pegh, better be safe than sorry. I would say take whatever docs you can think of right thru this process including your recent pay- stubs, tax papers etc etc. cos I after reading this forum I learnt that the officer gets your case on that day itself and it is entirely upto him to ask for whatever he might need.

Hey 485-1101 does it take so long to schedule interview. Which is your local office ? When is your interview exactly (date) ? Even my case got transferred in Nov and I m wondering when mine will be ?

thanks.

Shabkap It took 4 months for interview

hi Shabkap

It took 4 months for me to get interview, my case was transfered in Aug-2003 and I got interview for first week of Jan-04.

I will post more details after the interview.

Thanks

Answer this

If you take photos( though they have not mentioned it) and they are not required in the end, will you loose a fortune in that case??.
Buddy its common sense, take them. Its better to be safe than sorry.