Got FP notice today. RD May 22 2001. ND AUG 01 2001

No Title

Thanks getGCin2002. I checked my AVM and got the following message.

"On October 4th, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for a finger print recording. The notice also gave the time and location where this processing can be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, please update your address. To update your address......................................."

Crapshooter, AVM saying the same thing in my case ...

RD : 04/25/01
ND : 07/11/01

"On October 4th, we mailed a notice requesting that you appear for a finger print recording. The notice also gave the time and location where this processing can be done. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, please update your address. To update your address......................................."

But I didn\'t receive the mail yet.
Who is going to receive the mail - Lawer or me?
Do I need to wait for some time or call IIO?

thanks,

Crapshooter, I got my FP today too, but I have one question...

On my FP notice, there is a box for Priority Date, in my case, it is the same as my 485 RD which is 05/16/2001, what about yours?
I was thinking PD should be same as what was shown on my I-140 approval notice which is 09/15/1999 . could you please check yours and let me know what you have for that box? I am a little worried about this.

My FP is scheduled for 11/07.

Thank you so much.

hi getgcin2002,i have a question.

did u receive the fp notice or your lawyer?if u received it,please confirm that u applied i485 on your own with out lawyer\'s represention.

please reply.
thanks.

hi, b2b, I filed 485 through my lawyer. I think VSC changed the procedure for FP.

It used to be only lawyer will get the FP and FP message will not be heard on AVM. now it becomes applicant gets the FP and AVM updates FP message too. my case , I checked AVM using my 485 EAC# , I heard the same thing as other people do , it says" On October 4, 2001, we mailed a notice requesting you appear for finger print recording.... blah , blah...."

So I think you can check AVM on your 485 , if it becomes something similar to the above, you will get FP within days. otherwise, if it still says " your 485 was received on XXXX date , takes 360 and 540 days..... " then you should contact IIO inquiring your FP.

thanks GetGcin2002.

hi thanks for quick reply.
actually i checked avm at 5p.m today,it is still saying"your appl. was received on.....blah...blah...."
i guess they didn\'t issue me yet.
one more question for u,after the issueing date,when did the avm message changed for u?
thanks.

getGCin2002, where are you living?

I saw some people lived in NY state got FP notice recently? Does the location affect the FP notice?

Yes you are right. PD is same as RD.

GetGCin2002,

I checked my FP notice again and the PD is same as the RD of my 485(May 22nd 2001). My guess is that PD here means PD for processing 485. It dosen\'t make any sense. Strange ways of INS.

Crapshooter, thank you very much for quick reply,

After seeing yours is the same , I feel better and I think I can relax a little bit.

I think you are right, they might use our 485 RD as PD for processing 485 in the future.

Now since couple January 2001 cases already got approval, do you think we can hear something by the end of this year? I checked immitracker.com , from its graph, I found there are not many cases with ND between 01/2001 and 04/2001 , I think these 4 months might be passed very soon, what do you think ?

getGCin2002, I hope you are right.

I hope you are right about our cases getting processed by the end of this year. However, I don\'t think this is going to happen. Our FP\'s are scheduled in November and typically, it will take 2 months for the FBI to clear our FPs and for the INS to even start looking at our cases. Lets say they start processing our cases from January 2002, it will take atleast another couple of months to either approve or generate a RFE. As things stand now, we can expect to hear something about our case in March 2002.
Don\'t worry you will do justice to your name :)

Is it almost random?

We all know that FP notices have been issued to April, May and some June cases. Is there any logic in how and who gets this? Or is it relatively random? Anybody talked to IIOs or lawyers about this? (I can see from murthy.com chats that she says it is pretty much random, which concerns everybody)

Crapshooter, You analysis makes sense, however, I don\'t understand

why FP takes two months to clear, I heard in most cases, FBI clear it in one or two weeks timeframe .

I hope I will get GC in 2002, but if I can get it in 2001, it\'s even better.

Hope VSC wakes up and fight to take the lead from CSC. VSC, Go!!!

Crapshooter, do you think we can go do our FP before the scheduled date?

I saw some people got FP done one month before the scheduled date.
Do you think it\'s possible?