Got EAD at INS Boston office today.

seenoend

Registered Users (C)
Boston office still issues EAD on the same day. Arrived at JFK at about 6:30am and got out there with EAD before 8am.

more info please

could you please share what documents u took along.. do u need original I485 receipts or a copy of the receipt works fine?

thanks

Re: more info please

Here is a list of what I gave to the officer:

* Money order of $120 payable of INS
* EAD application form I765
* Copy of I-94 (front and back)
* Copy of old EAD (front and back)
* Old EAD card
* Copy of I485 receipt notice
* Driver's license (was returned to me at the end)

I did bring the original I485 receipt notice and my passport with me just in case, but they were not used at all.

No question was asked and it took less than 5 mins for the officer to approve the application.

Originally posted by h1gc
could you please share what documents u took along.. do u need original I485 receipts or a copy of the receipt works fine?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it matter where you filed your 485?

Hello Twocents,

It's good for you to get your EAD so quick!

I have a question: Is your I-485 filled at VSC or Boston?

I'm trying to renew my EAD too, but I was told (I called the INS national center a few times -- different people told me the same thing) that I can't renew my EAD at Boston Office if I file my 485 at VSC.

Thanks a lot.

I am confused

twocents:
glad for you you got your EAD card fast and share your experience with other readers.
My EAD is pending at VSC. I quite not sure it is smart way to withdraw my EAD application from VSC then go ahead to apply same day EAD card at Boston. I called INS this morning and the representive told me I couldn't do that. Can anybody share your experience with me?
thanks in advanced

Re: I am confused

louis88,

I am not sure how to proceed in your case.

Let me tell u about mine. I renewed my EAD at Boston in October. Before going to Boston, I spoke to an IIO and she told me that I cannot renew at Boston (please note that this was before the security checks, etc.). I told her that the INS web-site said that I can renew, she said the web-site was wrong.

I went ahead to Boston and renewed my EAD on the same day..

You can draw your inferences :) :)

Thanks

Originally posted by louis88
twocents:
glad for you you got your EAD card fast and share your experience with other readers.
My EAD is pending at VSC. I quite not sure it is smart way to withdraw my EAD application from VSC then go ahead to apply same day EAD card at Boston. I called INS this morning and the representive told me I couldn't do that. Can anybody share your experience with me?
thanks in advanced

Are you resident of MA or NH?

I was told that only residents of MA or NH can only get EAD renewed in Boston. Is that true?. Can other state people get it done?. Thanks.

Re: Are you resident of MA or NH?

That's correct morgan60, I am from NH.

Originally posted by morgan60
I was told that only residents of MA or NH can only get EAD renewed in Boston. Is that true?. Can other state people get it done?. Thanks.

Re: Does it matter where you filed your 485?

My I-485 was filed at VSC. This is my first EAD after I-485. My old EAD was based on Optional Practical Training, which I got several years ago.

The INS lady at the entrance to the waiting room did ask if it's first time EAD or renewal. I'm not sure why she asked though.

Originally posted by hlw
Hello Twocents,

It's good for you to get your EAD so quick!

I have a question: Is your I-485 filled at VSC or Boston?

I'm trying to renew my EAD too, but I was told (I called the INS national center a few times -- different people told me the same thing) that I can't renew my EAD at Boston Office if I file my 485 at VSC.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't simply go there...

go there only if u r from NH or MA. When I was there people from RI were turned back. Boston has jurisdiction only over NH and MA. They will check ur current home address through ur driver's license, etc..