Got Approval Notice - Wrong INS Office

Cream

Hi - I got my I 485 AVM approval on Feb 13th and the letter just arrived on March 1 -- unfortunately although all my processing has been carried out in CSC, the letter refers me to their NY office for stamping - my lawyers say that the INS made a mistake and just to go to the INS office in SF -- the only way as far as I can see that the INS would have put me in NY is because my latest law firm is based in NY. Anyone heard of this situation - can you confirm I that I should goto SF for stamping - the whole thing seems a little odd.

Thanks

No Title

Cream,

Go ahead and stamp your passport in San Francisco office. Prepare a good
reason for doing this because you are likely to be questioned. San Francisco
office is known to be very picky.

ciba

No Title

Hi - Well I decided to go get my passport stamped in SF, was very nervous having waited 7 years for this in total....The SF INS people did not even bat an eyelid, they processed my form, asked me to check my address and stamped my passport - no questions, no problems.

March 12th, 2001

Thanks

Cream

No Title

I think the "local INS office" listed on the approval notice is for your reference only (lest you don\'t know where it is).
The more important is your address.

In front of San Jose INS, there is a big sign: "We serve only the residents of Santa Clara, Santa Cruz and San Benito Counties".
So once you live in their jurisdiction, they won\'t refuse you.

The computer of local INS can also access the data of other service centers. No problem.
For your case, it should be "either NY or SF".

No Title

I-485 Approval notice question
I received my I-485 approval notice today from CSC and it says that "The Immigration Card Facility will mail the new alien registration card directly to the applicant in approximately 120 days."

Is this new procedure? Approval notice I have seen of my friend mentioned about taking two photographs to local INS office and getting passport stamped.
Thanks

No Title

It simply means that the plastic green card will be mailed to you about 4 months after passport stamping.
The formal name of green card is "alien registration card".

No Title

Hi yahya ilyas,

This is indeed very strange. I have never heard of anyone whose
approval notice directly mentions plastic card. They need your
signature and photos at the time of stamping in order to process
your green card.

Please keep us posted.

ciba

No Title

Hey Yahya,

Rather strange, by the way,what are your details? I mean ND, FP, etc. I don\'t see you on ciba\'s list.

EW

No Title

Hi Ciba
I received "Regular" I-485 approval letter next day, so I guess they found out that first letter had wrong information on it.

No Title

yilyas,

That is great. I am glad that the mystory is resolved. Now can
you post your case details for the tracking lists? :)

ciba