good news

goodlistern

Registered Users (C)
I just got an email from my attorney and here is the message:

Good news. The INS is moving again on green card applications and are hoping within the next 6 months to bring the backlog/waiting down from 2 years to 1 year. I've received several approvals for cases filed in late 2001 -- which I know is a long time ago (we filed your application mid-2003). However, it looks like they plan to try to catch up.

I am sure that people will be happy to know this.

very generic

Which service center? only for CSC?

It is a lost cause until and unless USCIS hires 1500 new employees...which is going to take a long time before we see any results.

The flood of 2nd FP notices is being perceived as an indication that CIS is planning to act on 485. I got the same indication from my attorney.

The latest update from csc on 485:

These types of cases, as mentioned above, are not a priority at this time. The JIT Report Processing Date continues to reflect a December 16, 2001 date. It is expected that between now and April1 2004, the time line to adjudicate these types of cases will continue to be approximately two years. It is hoped that by the end of this fiscal year, i.e. September 30, 2004, the adjudication of these types of cases would be within six months of filing.

Iam not sure how they are going to reduce backlog to just 6 months by sep'04 and that too they are only hoping it will be reduced.

Mail from your attorney may be right. B'coz One of my other friend also got is GC approved on 01/07/2004. I think his Receipt date was Dec 2001.

Sadly the only thing that seems to have happened in recent months is a flurry of refingerprinting for the December 2001 and January 2002 cases (and refingerprinting those from before December 2001, as there are still plenty of them). This is easily achievable as the BCIS/USCIS outsource FPs to other contractors.

There does not seem to be any faster turnaround in I-485s being RFE'd or approved. Not until this happens will any of us believe the BCIS/USCIS reduction in processing time statement.

Laughable gossip! :)

Take a look at Project Kashmir statistics, INS will have to approve 4 times the cases they are approving today to just maintain the backlog at 2 years! That hasn't happened till day, So on what basis are you and your lawyer counting on speedy approvals?

A couple of drops of water, an ocean do not make! So discount the few Approvals you see, take a look at the bigger picture.

Faster approvals will be for people who are undocumented,illegal etc. as the election is nearing. It is not for people who are legally here ,pay taxes . BCIS has flooded out 2nd FP notification so that those cases can go to the cold storage for another couple of years. If they have to meet their goals of reducing the backlog, then they have to approve the cases immediately on receiving the FP results from FBI. Moreover the FP is handled by outside agencies and the only thing BCIS has to do is send 2nd/3rd...nth FP notification randomly.