Good news! Spoke to IIO!!

Winner2

Registered Users (C)
Guys, just relax. I was able to get through with INS phone system after applying for almost an hour.
First of all something about mail back log. I mailed overnight for my EAD renewal on May 03. The IIO mentioned that mail from May 01st week has been opened and I was given the Receipt number.
Now with respect to my I485 status (ND 7/18/00, EB2, Country Other), she said I would be hearing something soon (within 45 to 60 days) as the case is assigned to an officer for review. Can someone throw some light on this review thing? Does thing mean an RFE is expected? I asked the IIO if the review is part of normal process and her answer was affirmative.
Good luck to U all!

No Title

No I have\'nt recvd the receipt notice. However, the IIO gave me the receipt number which all I need to check the status. She took my last name & first name and then couple of minutes later gave me the Receipt Number for my EAD. Hope this helps!

No Title

which # did you call ?
how long does it take for getting the connection ?
any specific time window to call ?

No Title

I\'m not sure if we\'ll be getting the receipts soon. When I spoke to IIO she asked about the date when I mailed in my EAD renewal application. Then she said it might not be in the system yet because of huge mail backlog. On taking my name she could pull my receipt number.

No Title

Doesn\'t look like they are entering I-485 applications in the system yet. I just spoke with an IIO five minutes ago, and she told me that it would be another 6 weeks before I hear from them. My attorney filed my I-485 on April 20.

No Title

Hi suman99, What does the 28 days mean? From the date VSC received your application or what? What\'s the source?