Good Immigration Lawyer in Chicago

help5user

Hi,

I am also with trivalley and I live in Chicago. I recently received an NTA (with no date). I am looking for a good immigration lawyer, if you guys know of any good one please let me know.

Thanks for your help!!

If you are a Tri Valley student and were living in Chicago then you are doomed for sure.
Chicago has a lot of good Attorneys, but IMO you are better off working with ICE yourself and save the money, the best outcome at this time for you would be to get a VD.

If you are a Tri Valley student and were living in Chicago then you are doomed for sure.
Chicago has a lot of good Attorneys, but IMO you are better off working with ICE yourself and save the money, the best outcome at this time for you would be to get a VD.

Hi namecheckvictim,

Thanks for the response. I am really scared now, why did you say that I am doomed now? Is it really bad in Chicago? I wanted to talk with ICE on my own, but backed up thinking that I might further complicate the issue and thought of going through an attorney.

Thanks.

I have no idea if you are doomed or not, but I think you should still talk with a lawyer, at least to get an idea about which options you have. It probably will cost you money, but it is better to decide on things with knowledge rather than based on a gut feeling. I don't know any lawyer in Chicago, though.

The reason why I said that was because ICE is coming down hard on people who were not in the vicinity of Tri Valley, you will more than likely not be given any benefit of the doubt because you lived in Chicago and will be suspected of Misusing the F1.

i am also from tri-valley i was staying in San Diego and i moved to NY coz i got admission in a school. actually i did my masters from SD but i joined in tri valley after i completed my OPT...
and i was attending classes regularly....

right nw i am again going to school by paying lot of money but till now no response frm eithere ICE, SEVIS....

any updated news you guys pls let me know?

Hi,

I am also with trivalley and I live in Chicago. I recently received an NTA (with no date). I am looking for a good immigration lawyer, if you guys know of any good one please let me know.

Thanks for your help!!

Hi there. Yes, we can help. You can try searching for sites in which can direct you to the Immigration Lawyers you needed based on where you are.

immigrationlawyersnow.org

Quite frankly, if you need over 1/2 year to decide to offer your services to TVU students (the TVU raid was on Jan. 19, 2011, in case you didn't know), you don't seem to be all that competent...
And the usual way to find an immigration lawyer is through the referral service of AILA (www.aila.org).
No offense, but being a bit more proactive (and timely) would go a long way... Right now, you look more like a bad ambulance chaser than anything else... And the people who needed help way back when either already got help or got NTAs.

Oh, and in case you feel offended: I started to warn people about TVU in April 2010, 9 months before they got raided and shut down. If it was obvious to a lay person like myself then that TVU was a fraud, it should have been obvious to a competent lawyer even earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Legal consultation by Chennai lawyer, attorneys, solicitors, law firm Advocates & expert Civil, Criminal Lawyers in various cities in India. Chennai Lawyer's (advocate's) Network provides online legal help, legal advice, legal research in Chennai, india.

Notice To Appear

Notice To Appear's are not to be ignored. They're usually issued directly by ICE. But typically something can be worked out with the Chicago immigration headquarters. As for the "best" lawyers, just do a Google search and compare the top listings with reviews and what not. Best of luck with you. Remember not to ignore the NTA! :)

I hope you realize that you posted in a thread that is over a year old.
Somebody who got an NTA back in 2011 and didn't respond to it for over a year is most likely already deported...
The main thing of course is to never sign up with frauds like TVU, UNVA, Herguan, ITU, and similar diploma mills.