Good border for first TN

khanazar

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I need to know which is the best border post to apply my first TN.
I am in Toronto, Job is MI, USA.
I will first go get the TN and come back and will go to USA later.

Thanks in advance...

Azy.

Based on my personal experience I prefer Fort Erie. But thats out of your way as you will be joining in MI

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought a kit that listed the best borders for tn visas by percentage approved.

1 - toronto pearson airport with 99.3% approval
2 - i forget
3 - buffalo rainbow bridge (where i got mine) with 94% approval

i bought a kit that listed the best borders for tn visas by percentage approved.

1 - toronto pearson airport with 99.3% approval
2 - i forget
3 - buffalo rainbow bridge (where i got mine) with 94% approval

I wouldn't be surprised if #2 was the Fort Erie - Buffalo NY Peace Bridge POE. They're usually pretty good.

Just remember that some people are now getting told when they apply for their TN that they must start working by the next day. So not sure if anyone has had that in Ontario as of yet, but in the west they have...

Check out the Buffalo Peace Bridge. I did it 3 times without issues... Only one time since it was a holiday weekend, the officer posed with a stern face and grilled me a little. Probably, it was a long hard day with two many travellers. However, when the officer saw my two year old standing beside me, unknowingly pointing a finger at him, he broke into a smile .. .... my visa was granted. This is my personal opinion

maybe thats what i will do, bring my 2 year old daughter. I have never seen anything bring a smile to a customs officer's face :)

can somebody shed light on if i go get TN, Comeback and go later ... i have same concern here as my work is in Florida and I am in toronto - dont wanna go with all stuff ... i can take my 2 kids to get smile to officers face

C'mon Jay. This is not a game. If you are flying down to Florida, get your TN at the airport. If you are driving down, get it at the POE.

i lived in hamilton and am on tn in florida. I got my TN at the Niagara Clifton Hill border, got in my car and turned around and headed back to canada to pack all my stuff and get ready to go to florida

i lived in hamilton and am on tn in florida. I got my TN at the Niagara Clifton Hill border, got in my car and turned around and headed back to canada to pack all my stuff and get ready to go to florida

Did the US border officials say anything to you about getting TN, turning around to go back to Canada and then coming right back to the US?

Does any one know of the immigration website that's got all the POE listed bordering Canada for TN renewals?
I had this book marked but just can't find it anymore :(

alright i found the document and here are the percentages of successful TN Visas granted and in order of most successful:

1. Pearson Airport - 100% (by air)
2. Detroit, MI - 93% (by air) 7% (by land)
3. Vancouver - 73% (by air) 22% (by sea)
4. Buffalo - 97% (land) 2% (by air)
5. Niagara Falls, NY - 97% (by land)

Montreal YUL POE

Where does Montreal (Trudeau International Airport, ex-name was Dorval code is YUL) stands in the list? Could you tell the percentaje please?

Thanks

Yes, that information about the borders is from the TN Visa Expert Kit.

It shows where the TNs are being processed (by air/sea/land) - to give a better idea which port of entrys are processing TNs.

Glad it helped.

You may want to consider purchasing the TN Visa Expert Kit for yourself -- it shows you step by step how to create your application letter, prepares you for the border interview, provides sample letter and gives you all the information so you are fully prepared and successfully obtain your TN Visa.

Good luck

alright i found the document and here are the percentages of successful TN Visas granted and in order of most successful:

Pete, you do realize that those nimbers are absolute bullsh!!

100% success rate for TN applications? NO SUCH THING Alarm bells are going off here in Seattle....
Where did you get this "package" I hope you are joking when you said you paid money for this....

The original OP's question was about "best POE" for TN application the correct answer would be:
By land the closest POE to you that handles TN applications.
By air, the closest AIRPORT that handles TN applications.
Any other response may have you answering questions about what you're doing at a POE so far from home....

So in his case it would either be Port Huron or Detroit depending on where his job is in Michigan then as I assume he would drive that short distance from Toronto...