Go directly to the TOP

nozdam

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

Just a thought here. We wrote to the Senators and saw positive results. We are now writing to house members.

Can't we start writing/faxing our letter DIRECTLY to the President's office?

I mean think abt it, if there are ppl in the Senator's office who are responsive to our pleas, wont there be someone at the President's office too, who will be either equally or even MORE responsive?

We have pleaded with the leaders, now lets plead with THE leader.

nozdam...you are right we should try to write to the president also.....there is no harm in trying everything right now....even though i am almost losing hope(about legislation in the next one year)....but we should keep trying to spread the news about our suffering...(not many people know about us, and how badly we are stuck in this thing..)

exactly!!

My thoughts exactly techy!! I mean why wait for reforms which are part of a MUCH MUCH greater bill, which has many hot button issues? Dont get me wrong, i totally support doing that too. I just feel that we shud do more than focuss ALL our energies on that BILL alone. We have started the mails/faxes. Now why not focuss on the MAIN OFFICE to help us out?

Pls Get rid of the H1B help clause, and focuss SIMPLY on EB reforms!! Guys pls let's come up with a plan for this while we have nothing to do (till the house votes).

Bush is pro-immigration

legal or otherwise :rolleyes:

Anyway guys, I think there is no harm in sending letters/faxes to his office. He may mention it casualy with his friends in senate or ask his office staff to follow-up.

No harm? what do you say?

no harm

Backroady,

we know that congress has a big part to play. But finally the President is the Boss. I mean we know he is not the king and this is a democracy etc. But let's face it, he IS after all the top guy. If Nothing else, he will keep us in mind, if many many letters reach his office

backroady.......we are not asking the president to make the legislation tomorrow itself......(it would be fun though...right?, like a day dream...that presdent initiates meetings and makes the rule in 2 months...:)

we just want to create awareness about our situation....maybe one day we will try to reach the common people also.....to get some sympathy from them....about our plight.

correct, at this point better not to waste efforts there, down the line-- yes

backroady said:
Legislative agenda is set by Congress - not by "THE LEADER".

This isn't North Korea.

Not a bad idea

We cannot stop here friends. We may lose but we will not quit. We might get lucky and the more harder we try the more luckier we get. Can some Shakespeares around here draft a nice letter just focusing on the retrogression issues. Even if around 100 letters are faxed we might get some attention.

Last edited by a moderator:
i dont get it?

I see some opposition to this idea and i am confused.

Some think, right now it is a waste of time. I think i wud disagree. It is NEVER a waste of time to let the Leader of the country know our problems. Besides, we have already done what we cud with the Senators/Congressmen. We can do BOTH, cant we?

We also need to distinguish CLEARLY that we are NOTTT appealing for more H1bs, BUT for EB reforms.

see this thread..i am afraid that not many people are even aware about our plight..
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=196190

that why i am supporting our faxing to senators/president/congressman......whoever else we can think of.......we need to make them aware....that there is an animal called as as a GC seeker....and it is an important part of the economy.....and its not in good health....

i also agree that our current agenda should be supporting s.1932 which may be taken up in next 2 days...