Go back to Old TN employer

vias

Hi,

I have a TN granted till Oct 2020 for employer A.

I recently (week back ) changed job and got new TN , valid til 2021 April for employer B.

I didn’t like the job with employer B and would like to go back to employer A.

Do I need to re apply for new TN with employer A ?
Was my Old TN with employer A auto cancels when I change job ?

Please advise how to proceed to go back to employer A.

Well, did you keep the I-94 associated with the first job, or did you hand it back? You are allowed to have multiple I-94s for different sponsors, as long as each relationship is still viable.
So, did you formally quit your old job, or did you give them notice? Are they willing to simply reinstate you (ie same seniority, accrued benefits, etc)?

Both the times I traveled via Air, so I never had a paper I-94.

Now when I check online I-94 it shows new expiry date which requested for employer B.

How can I tell if my employer A TN still valid ?

Employer A ready to take with same seniority.

How did your employer know you had a valid I-94 in the first place?
TNers are required to keep a copy of their I-94 (downloaded if necessary) for their employers -- and foe their own records.
If there is no other I-94 listed under your name, you will need to reapply for I-94 at the border, perhaps with the old paperwork.

In my passport it’s says TN till Oct 2020 with employer A name.

Next page with employer B TN till Apr 2021.

Employer A doesn’t know if my old TN still active or it got auto cancelled when employer B TN issued.

I would like to know if I need new TN or can use old TN.

When I got selected for employer A , I only told him it’s valid till Oct 2020.

When I checked online it only bringing latest I-94 copy only, which is for employer B.

So you need to get a new I-94. You *could* try at a local office, but may have to go to the border before beginning work.
"Telling" the employer that you have a valid status is not sufficient for their records, nor yours.

So if I cross border, do I tell them I want to enter under my first TN with employer A ?

OR

Apply brand new TN for employer A with new documentation ( New TN letter etc ) ?

Depends, if Employer A is wanting to extend you for the full 3 years, just get the new one.
But if they just want you at the original terms, try with the old paperwork.
As I said, if you are using the old paperwork, you may be able to avoid the trip altogether and go to a local office.

My employer not looking for full 3 years, he need me with existing visa tenure.

Could you please aloberate local office part.

Which office/department I should be visiting? Do I need to fill any form or anything?

What do I request there ? Change the TN to employer A ?

The DHS has a USCIS office serving your area. You may be able to go there and ask that they reinstate your previous I-94 for Employer A, which was inadvertently cancelled when you took the second job.
Otherwise go to the border with your old paperwork and explain that you should not have had the original I-94 overridden by the recent one.

Thank you, will schedule an appointment with them.

However out of curiosity, there is no way for us to check if my both TN’ s are active or new one overwritten the old one ?

Did you search the I-94 database for your old one?
If the I-94 is the same number as the old one, then it is no longer for sponsor A.
See why you needed to keep the first I-94? Now you need remedial action.

I have not downloaded the employer A I-94.

I am not sure the number showing now is same as previous or different one.

It’s a lesson learned for me, now on will keep the I-94 for my records.

Nelson... I just found the copy of old I-94 screenshot ( my wife took picture and saved in my laptop photo library).

It does have a different number than the employerB I-94 number.

What does it mean?

Good. Now make sure your employer has a copy, or at least verifies the I-94 number and expiry date.
Were you also able to locate this in the I-94 search? It should still be there and valid.

In I-94 search there is only option to pull “Get most recent I-94”.
When I did this am getting employer B I-94.

Is there any other place I can check employer A I94 ?

No.
You have it. makes sure employer has it.

You do not have to do anything about Employer B, when you leave them.