Global Entry Application

miguelp35

Hello!

Do you guys know if I can apply for Global Entry, myself being a GC holder via Asylum (AS6)? Am I eligible?

Thank you!

Hello!

Do you guys know if I can apply for Global Entry, myself being a GC holder via Asylum (AS6)? Am I eligible?

Thank you!
You are a Legal permanent resident. You are Eligible for NEXUS, SENTRI and GLOBAL Entry. The only downside is you have to use your national passport and resident Card to prove your nationality. Plus NEXUS is only $50 and allows you to have triple expediting privileges, while GE is $100 and has dual. If you have had Immigration issues before, Indimisbility or criminal record even a ticket don’t bother applying. NEXUS is strict so even DUI and you shoul have 3 years on GC date

Last edited:
Thank you DoubleAA. Do you think it will be a problem showing my NP? I've never had any issues in the past with immigration or criminal so I'm good on that side. What do you mean triple expediting privileges vs. dual?

So long as NP is valid into the future . CBP only cares that you are low risk and you have Green card. You are okay. 1) NEXUS -Gives you expedited
entry into US and Canada, TSA Pre-check included , Global entry privilege is included. 2)Global entry -gives expedited into US and has TSA pre -check. Nexus is hustle based on the process -Because it has to be approved by CBP and Canadian Border Patrol

I would advise waiting until you become a citizen and use your US passport for such a service.
Using, renewing, and/or traveling on your national passport indicates that you are willingly availing yourself to your country of persecution. This will raise eyebrows and not a small chance of having both your green card and asylee status terminated at your citizenship interview.

I would advise waiting until you become a citizen and use your US passport for such a service.
Using, renewing, and/or traveling on your national passport indicates that you are willingly availing yourself to your country of persecution. This will raise eyebrows and not a small chance of having both your green card and asylee status terminated at your citizenship interview.
That is the downside of Global entry for LPRs with Asylum based Green card

You are eligible as any other permanent resident but do you need it? Usually doesn’t take more than 15 mins or so to clear customs with the automated machines. You may be questioned during the interview depending on the officer. I’d go for TSA pre. Straightforward be is to wait for US Passport but up to you