Give your ideas....in which order are they processing the cases ?

Absolutely no order

I have seen people approved with later RD, ND, PD and also the FP after mine. I think it all depends on luck. I called IIO today and was told that my case is not assigned to officer yet. When asked what dates they are processing, she told me that they are processing may ND cases and told me that I have September ND and it may take 5 to 6 months. I am shocked. Either the IIO is lying or they just tell you some reason when they don\'t have answers. I am happy for all those that are approved and may be it\'s the end of the tunnel for us too, but I am not seeing light may be because it\'s dark outside the tunnel.

I believe

All the 485 applications are pooled together by MONTH and put them in a shelf marked by MONTH NAME sorted by RD

Somewhere during this process, just before assigning to the adjucating officers, the applications will be marked with the officer\'s ID\'s.

So each officer go and pick few more applications marked for them when they finish the current work load of 485 applications.

Here comes the LAZY - FAST officer rule.

My guess , may be complicated, but I noted down approvals separately and arrived at this

For mention, we see July approvals which is based on RD. No one knows why June is also getting approved in March along with July RDs. But in June and July RD dates, if you notice, NDs are in June, July, Aug and September. Some spread to even October and November also.

For eg: If you take a look at milk\'s list you will find NDs on these dates:

in July RDs:
Aug NDs are on - 1,6,17,18,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30
Sept NDs - 1,4,5,6,7,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,24,25,27,28,30
Oct NDs - 3,24
Nov NDs -2
I didn\'t notice whether there is any July ND.

If you look at the recent approvals from march 1st, most of the approved cases of June and July are having ND in August. Other July RD approvals are having September as ND.

Hence my guess is
June RD with June/July NDs may be assigned to one IIO.
June RD with Aug NDs may be assigned to another IIO.
July RD with July/Aug NDs may be assigned to another IIO. (as there may be less cases of both RD & ND in the same month)
July RD with Sept NDs may be assigned to another IIO.

Each of these IIOs may have some back log of previous months and they do approve them same time.Hence we find 1 or 2 approvals of Apr and march also.

After assignment IIO take those bunch of assigned case files. Lazy IIOs may not sort by active IIOs may sort them. Manual sort is best, if the files are in alphabetic order of last name. IF you think of EAC, it is not a good idea as the same EAC may be alloted for APs and EADs.Hence they may not be in an order.

Each IIO then start approving, issuing RFEs etc... which will result in fast and late approvals which seems to be the result of overall zigzag approvals.

I appreciate if you guys think in these lines and be able to track the procedure. This is just my pure guess. I appreciate any comments or discussion. Thank you.

I have the same RD and ND

I have the same RD and ND of 07/27.
I am in EB3/PD 10/99. FP done on 12/11/02
macro

rigate with in a RD month , its 100% random no EB/PD/ND/FP priority ..depends on Lot

Due to INS VSC not working around 6/01

Guys if yall recollect, VSC was going slow on I-140s for a few months around may-june 2001, and there were delays in mail receipts.
All those piled up applications are treated as one set and randomly chosen for review.
Also there are quite a lot of June-July RD filers from EB3 getting current. I guess JULY RD will take longer than a month to complete.

Also some of the posts are don\'t look accurate. I would not read any approval post without past posting record.

No Title

I think it looks like FP date for july approvals. This is my thought what I observered from the july approvals I know(July 12-rest).

see my RD is july 6th and ND is aug 24 on the I-485 application. But in the FP notice they have ment

October 24, and priority date as july 6\' 01 (actual PD was aug 98).I think this ND in the FP notice is just for fingerprint notice only. anyone is having the same kind of change .,...

gcFunwaiting..

Pretty good hypothesis, dude.
Here\'s a small tip to your theory: When one calls the AVM during the initial days of processing, the message one hears is this: "your application for adjustment of status was received on mm.dd.yy. It currently takes 365 to 540 days to process such cases" If we assume THAT date to be the case date -- regardless of when we filed or what our receipts say -- I think we will get a truer picture of how INS actually processes the applications.
Let\'s assume that INS does sort cases according to the above mentioned date. If you apply your theory on top of that, the whole picture suddenly becomes clear.
Also, one has to understand that not all cases are alike. Some cases are more complex than others. And, some officers, as you have noted quite correctly, are slower than others.
If you apply both these conditions, you can see that they are currently processing case dates falling on the 8th or 9th month of last year. This, in effect, is their way of reaching the 6-month processing deadlines. We all remember that there was a mailroom backlog during last summer. If that hadn\'t happened, perhaps we would be seeing much faster adjudication rates.
A perfect happy-case scenario would be that the RDs/NDs (and whatever case-date the AVM message says) fall close to each other. And, the case itself getting approved in six months or thereabouts (provided the PDs for the applicants remain current througout the period).

That is right

Dates on FP notice are for FP not for your 485 application. Same this ins true for my FP notice and I believe it is the same for all others.

Okay.

Let\'s keep an eye on "macro" whose ND is 07/27 and whose RD is also July. Only guy both in July dates so far.

Last week, an April guy whose ND is 07/12 got approved on 21st.

May/June guy whose ND is 07/31 got approved on 22nd.

As macro\'s is the only July ND case(as per this forum) in July RD, as July RD is current and if one IIO is assigned a ND list between 21st July to 31st July, I guess his approval should be this week.

Let\'s see how far my assumption goes right.

Good luck "macro"