Ginnu,united nations Please comment....need to change job.

jackmike

Registered Users (C)
Ginnu,

First of all thanks for the loads of information that you have been sharing. I got a very good offer for FTE in a big company. I want to take up the offer.
My situation is my 140 is approved and my 485 is pending for more than 180 days now.

My question is Do you suggest me to move on with EAD ? or

Ask the new employer to file H1 on the basis of pending 485. ?

The advantage i am seeing in the case of h1 is i can get an extension of H1 for another 3 years. so in case if anything happens to my GC process with in that .. i can atleast stay in the country till the H1 expires.....Or may be even file a fresh GC tha time...what are your thoughts....

please comment.

jackmike said:
Ginnu,

First of all thanks for the loads of information that you have been sharing. I got a very good offer for FTE in a big company. I want to take up the offer.
My situation is my 140 is approved and my 485 is pending for more than 180 days now.
------------ you are eligible for AC21
My question is Do you suggest me to move on with EAD ? or

Ask the new employer to file H1 on the basis of pending 485. ?
-------------- ask them to file H1 transfer once you get H1 filing reciept from USCIS then join. H1 status is good back up.
The advantage i am seeing in the case of h1 is i can get an extension of H1 for another 3 years.
--------- you can get H1 extension on yearly basis. the person who has I-140 approved but cant file I-485 can get H1 extension for 3 years at a time
so in case if anything happens to my GC process with in that .. i can atleast stay in the country till the H1 expires.....
---------- correct

Hello Ginnu,

I am filing AC21 and trying to match the salary specified on my GC labor.

The salary specified on my labor & 140 is 87k/annum. I am filing AC21 now and the new company is going to pay me 90k/annum, but the new company is going to pay me on an "hourly rate" basis instead of fixed salary. So it is a full time job with the hourly rate as $44/hr(which equates to approx 88k/annum).

Is this okay?