Getting TN Visa March 2021

Hello, I am currently in the USA and have to go back to Canada and flagpole. My job is Nursing.

I was going to fly but due to having to do the mandatory book a hotel for 3 days and trying to flagpole fly the same day just doesn't seem feasible anymore (due to it costing over a $1000 with the flights alone, the flight times are really bad).

1. Do you recommend Peace Bridge or Rainbow?

Also I don't have a car.
2. Do you recommend trying to cross the border via foot traffic?

3. Or should I try renting a car or
4. just taking the bus if foot travel is not allowed?

I am on hold right now with custom border agents, I will update this thread for other users. Hopefully someone here has some insight.

Thank you in advance for your time!

I too may have to travel next week and was looking at flying to Calgary. My plan would be to just fly into YYC, get new TN processed and fly straight back to Orlando.

Was just on hold with CBSA but gave up! Got through to Health Canada and they advised that I can "transit" through Calgary airport but will require a negative PCR result within 72 hours of traveling. Was wondering about flying to a US border airport, renting a car and driving over too.

I too may have to travel next week and was looking at flying to Calgary. My plan would be to just fly into YYC, get new TN processed and fly straight back to Orlando.

Was just on hold with CBSA but gave up! Got through to Health Canada and they advised that I can "transit" through Calgary airport but will require a negative PCR result within 72 hours of traveling. Was wondering about flying to a US border airport, renting a car and driving over too.

Okay so I can "transit" through Toronto airport, that is good to know. I will definitely be needing a negative PCR test either land/air and going through canada/usa. But if I don't need to book a hotel. hmmmm.

I've been on hold for 2 1/2 hours now. I actually just got disconnected a I wrote that. I am looking at maybe taking a bus from Buffalo to Niagraa falls Ontario and then back.
I don't know if this is the best option for me.

Some airports have different protocols in place according to this;

Transit to another country by air
You may be permitted to transit through Canada to reach another country.

Before travelling you must:

• make your travel arrangements well in advance if you are transiting through Canada
  • plan your travel so you arrive and depart from the same Canadian airport within 24 hours
    • connections must occur on the same day at all Canadian airports except Toronto (YYZ). Overnight connections are not possible at:
      • Montreal (YUL)
      • Calgary (YYC)
      • Vancouver (YVR)
    • domestic transfers are not permitted

Some airports have different protocols in place according to this;

Transit to another country by air
You may be permitted to transit through Canada to reach another country.

Before travelling you must:

• make your travel arrangements well in advance if you are transiting through Canada
  • plan your travel so you arrive and depart from the same Canadian airport within 24 hours
    • connections must occur on the same day at all Canadian airports except Toronto (YYZ). Overnight connections are not possible at:
      • Montreal (YUL)
      • Calgary (YYC)
      • Vancouver (YVR)
    • domestic transfers are not permitted
I have now been disconnected twice, still waiting to hear.

Sounds like I can walk across peace bridge for both Canada and USA though. So I do the foot traffic way for crossing both borders.

Also, if you are arriving in New York from another state, they have quarantine restrictions in place. I was thinking of flying to Buffalo and flag-poling at Peace Bridge but it doesn't look possible. I just might be better off flying into Canada.

I have now been disconnected twice, still waiting to hear.

Sounds like I can walk across peace bridge for both Canada and USA though. So I do the foot traffic way for crossing both borders.
I'm wondering the same .. can we get to buffalo by car (someone else driving), and then cross by foot to Canada and back to the US to get the new TN?