Getting ready for passport stamping

over

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends.
I had filed my I-485 as follow to join RD: 4/12/2002.

I completed my 2nd FP 1/26/2004 and applied for EAD renewal RD: 3/5/2004. My 485 got approved on 3/12/2004 and the same day i got the ead receipt notice. I am guessing the EAD renewal application helped my green card case.

I am now planning to go to get my passport stamped, but I plan to move south very soon. My questions is should I get my passport in boston and apply AR-11 for the plastic card ( frankly I dont have much faith in the address change process, Have heard many horror stories) or should I move to texas and then get my passport stamped there.

Any suggestions are appretiated.

over and out :)

These days the cards are coming very soon.
So my advice will be get the passport stamped in boston. And if you are there for another month, you will most probably get the card in Boston.
If you are ready to move after that, then file the AR-11.

If you are ready to move real soon, still get it stamped in Boston and tell them your address for Texas for the card..

goodluck

I went for PP stamping last week, I was given I 551 form where they took my finger prints and then the guy signed that formed. I asked do I need to fill the form , they said no, submitted the form along with EAD, AP and I 485 approval (orignal). I am little bit confused about whether I need to fill the form or thats send like that??

Originally posted by harapattawaiter
I went for PP stamping last week, I was given I 551 form where they took my finger prints and then the guy signed that formed. I asked do I need to fill the form , they said no, submitted the form along with EAD, AP and I 485 approval (orignal). I am little bit confused about whether I need to fill the form or thats send like that??

I-89 form will filed by the officer and he will take your FP on that only. You will not fill any thing.

Originally posted by over
Dear friends.
I had filed my I-485 as follow to join RD: 4/12/2002.

I completed my 2nd FP 1/26/2004 and applied for EAD renewal RD: 3/5/2004. My 485 got approved on 3/12/2004 and the same day i got the ead receipt notice. I am guessing the EAD renewal application helped my green card case.

I am now planning to go to get my passport stamped, but I plan to move south very soon. My questions is should I get my passport in boston and apply AR-11 for the plastic card ( frankly I dont have much faith in the address change process, Have heard many horror stories) or should I move to texas and then get my passport stamped there.

Any suggestions are appretiated.

over and out :)

If you are planning to move give some other address on I-89from where you can get the card. You should not change the address because once the card is missed it will be problematic get it. I will not take such a risk.