Getting Married Under TN Status

fuzzypickles

I am a Canadian citizen living in the US under the TN. I am getting married to a US citizen this year and we are planning on applying for a PR and moving to Canada after that is approved.

After we get married, will I still be allowed to travel abroad while under the TN and married?

Unfortunately, even if you are not intending to continue to live in US, the presumption that, once you marry a US citizen living in US you will immigrate to US is hard to overcome. MAYBE proof of filing a PR application with Canada may be sufficient to overcome that presumption, but it is very iffy.

It's almost a certainty, that for you to be able to travel after marriage you will have to apply for Green card, and get travel and work approval, or you could be (a) stuck outside US and/or (b) ineligible to work, should you leave US.

I actually have one more question. Can I at least fly domestically while married and under the TN status? I'm assuming yes, but I just want to double-check.

Of course. It is while re-entering US that you might face scrutiny, particularly if travelling with your spouse.