Getting Canadian PR - Steps and Questions

2nirsv

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I am in H1 working in the US and my Canadian Wife is working in the toronto area. I wanted to start the PR process but just realized several questions to be answered. Found the set of forms from canadian gov site Part 1 and part 2 . My questions include

1. Do I have to send my parents data although they are not moving to Canada? such as photo copies, police verification etc?
2. How hard is it to get a police verification in the US? Does it involve a lot of time and should it be done before PR processing or after sending initial documents?

Could someone kindly shed some lights on the forms involved and these questions above.

Much appreciated.

Which program you applying for? I filled out the application for Skilled Worker program and they only asked for my parents name and last name and their address. For police cert in US, I think you will do FBI fingerprinting background check. Once you apply and your application is approved, the immigration office will send you all the instructions on how to proceed.

Family sponsored program. I am from India and do i have to produce police verification since 18 years (since I lived in India for about 4 years during that time) from India and US? What is that the police has to say in the letter they provide from India and how about FBI ? Is this a standard lettter?

Thanks.

Please I a new to canada forums ,what are the steps to be taken to migrate to canada ? Do i need a consultant ? I am a Nigerian I need your advice.

Hello. I am Praveen S. Rohit from Bangalore, India. I have applied for a Canadian PR visa on March 27th, 2010 and I have been informed that since I was in the United States for me MBA (2 years from 2004-06), I have to get an FBI clearence certificate and a Ploice clearence certificate from the Commissioner's office of my city of residence (Bangalore). I have understood the procedure for the PCC but I am not clear about the FBI clearence certificate. I was wondering if someone could please let me know how to go about getting this?