GC Stamping issues??

winsome

Registered Users (C)
Hello Folks,

I have recently relocated to CT and my approval has come from CSC. Since I moved to CT, I now have a CT driving license and the DMV has taken my California license.

My questions are:

1. Would the Driving license be an issue while going for stamping?
2. Where would I need to show proof of residence - CA or CT?
3. Can I go for stamping in Hartford, CT?

RD - Oct 16th
ND - Nov 17th
Approval - Aug 8th
EB2 category

Your response will be helpful. Please let me know

Thanks in advance.

I wish VSC catch up with CSC. Looks like folks at VSC are smoking pot ..

Anyway, in my opinion:
1) DL should not be an issue.
2) You can show CT as your residence. I do not see any issues with that. Does anyone?

3) Should be able to. Just go in CT.. whats the worst that could happen?

Last edited by a moderator:
Address Change Notification

But as Per New Law you have to notify the INS about your address change with in 10 days

Good Luck

DL is not an issue

Just make sure that your current address is updated by calling the INS number. When you go for stamping They would ask you if the address to which the approval notice was sent is your latest address. If no then you will have to give your new address out there itself and tell them that you have already notified INS about change of address.

Thanks for your responses. I will notify INS about my address change and take that as proof that I have done so. If I could go to Hartford for my stamping irrespective of the Service center, it could help save some paid holidays and a trip to CA.

Does anyone here have an experience where they had been to a service center in a different location for their stamping regardless of the one that they were supposed to go to?

Thanks once again.