GC Stamp in Expired Passport?

cafeconleche

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

I've a GC, and I'm going to try to apply for a new passport. I'm getting sick of USCIS and their travel documents. I have an RP that will be valid until 2010, but in case I lose it, I want to have a passport just to get back into the US. By the way, I'm an asylee.

Instead of showing the consulate the GC that has AS6 on it, I want to get my expired passport stamped saying I am a permanent resident. Will they do it? Or, will they issue me a special I-94? I got an Infoass appointment for 6 Jan, so what should I take with me? Proof of permanent residence, the passport and a picture, right?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I've a GC, and I'm going to try to apply for a new passport. I'm getting sick of USCIS and their travel documents. I have an RP that will be valid until 2010, but in case I lose it, I want to have a passport just to get back into the US. By the way, I'm an asylee.

Instead of showing the consulate the GC that has AS6 on it, I want to get my expired passport stamped saying I am a permanent resident. Will they do it? Or, will they issue me a special I-94? I got an Infoass appointment for 6 Jan, so what should I take with me? Proof of permanent residence, the passport and a picture, right?

Thanks.

Assuming that if they are going to stamp your passport (which is not likely) the stamp will have the as6 code as well.

Oh, they put the code in there too? That's too bad. I guess if they give me an I-94 with a stamp, it'll have the code in there too, eh? Does it cost anything, by the way? Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to be EXTRA careful with my RP. Thanks, thankful. Happy New Year.

Oh, they put the code in there too? That's too bad. I guess if they give me an I-94 with a stamp, it'll have the code in there too, eh? Does it cost anything, by the way? Oh well, I guess I'm going to have to be EXTRA careful with my RP. Thanks, thankful. Happy New Year.

Yes the I94 stamp would have the code too.

CAFECONLECHE..can i ask you something? i have my green card but i always been wondering about the possibility to get a stamp in my passport that say that i'm permanent resident..someone told me that is not nessesary but i really want to keep this possibility for you never know..you think that is possible to get it..and how...remenber we were asylees...
happy new year eve .
hey CAFECONLECHE
thanks very much for your answer in the other post about the stamp in tHE passport...if you go to your apointment..can you tell me if you get the stamp..thanks for the information in advance..is really important to me

if you have the green card in hand, you wont get any stamp unless the GC is lost and you have a receipt for replacement I-90 i think. ( then immigration will give you evidence of GC and work permit valid one year) that s all.