GC Process

trial

Hi all:

This is my first message in this forum. I hope this detailed description of my GC experience might help someone out there.

Applied for LC through company A in October 99. Got thru LC in four months. Applied for I-140 in April 2000.

Moved to Company B in June 2000. Company A continued with the I-140 process.

Applied for LC through Company B in September 2000. LC cleared January 2001. Applied for I-140 thru Company B in March 2001. 1-140 applied through Company A came through in May 2001.

Moved to Company C in June 2001. Even though I140 thru Company A was cleared I delayed in applying for I485 until August 2001. Finally, filed I485 thru Company A in the end of August 2001. I-140 applied by Company B came through in July 2001.

At this point, Company C wanted to start with LC. I guess, I had to make a choice. So, decided to go with Company A process. Asked Company B not to file for I-485. Company B did not file i-485 but also did not revoke I-140. Company C applied for LC in October 2001.

Got FP notice (for I-485 Company A) in February 2002. Appeared for FP. Case transferred to local office and they requested for Medicals again. Had interview on Nov 2002. Office took only finger prints and I-94 cards and said case was held for review. No news for a long time. In the mean time, LC through Company C got cleared.

When there was no news wrote to the local office. Another interview was scheduled in August 2003. Case officer was just interested to know if Company A gave a standing offer and I gave the offer letter from Company A. Case was not approved immediately due to expired FP. So, did 2 FP again in Sep 2003. Case approved for me and children after a week of 2 FP. Wife's FP were unclassifiable so, another FP is required for her.

Still working for Company C, Got stamped and waiting for the FP redo for wife.

Never submitted any AC-21 form etc., Let me tell you something guys, whether you believe it or not, I never let the GC process take over my life. I guess that helped me.

Anyhow, good luck and sooner or later things just fall in place.

Do you have intentions to apply LC through Company D ? :D:D

The fickle minded people like you makes every one else process delayed.

Guys:

I thought this was a "land of opportunity". I had to move on 'cause there was a better opportunity and the GC process was included in my package. What harm is it if I look for new avenues with out depriving any one else?

I never cried over anyone for a long haul at the service center or local offices.

India 1975, life is full of trials who knows whats next?

trial,

Do u now plan to work for Company A since your GC was approved based on a job offer from Company A. I assume that BCIS can cancel/withdraw your GC based on fraudulent inetent if you do not work for Company A after your GC . I was told this by a lawyer at one of the most respected immigration law firms in the country.

Yes, probably it would be if I didnt work for Company A. I always (through out and even now) worked for Company A on a part time basis (set number of hours that are a requirement).

Company B and C were both initially clients I worked for thru Company A. But, the both these clients had a right to hire clause. So, when I was done with project with Company B I moved back to Company A that now placed me with Company C and they too had a right to hire clause. That's why each one of them had their own separate GC process.

So, I guess technically I never left company A. All these companies had proficient legal departments and they never took any chance/risks with any BCIS rules.