GC holder & B visa for mother

ccordova624

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody,

I have a question, maybe some of you may have a similar experience or know someone... My mother a GC holder based on asylum want to invite her mother 65+ years old to visit her in the US.

Is there a way my mother can sponsor her? or file an affidavit of support? or is there anything she can do to help her mother obtain a B (tourist) visa in the consulate abroad?

She has been denied once in 2005... and now that my mother is a PR she wants my grandma to try it again.... she is planing to visit for a month or two and she will go back home....

Does anybody know how to do it? or there is nothing it can be done... my grandma would have to qualify by her own means?

Her mother with GC based on Asylum, If your grandma from the same COP that your mother, I don't think she'll get a visa. But she may try. In Visa form she should indicate that she has some relative in US with Asylum status or GC.
and even if GC she'll be asked how they get their GC. And answer will be through asylum. So IO would denied her application because of possible Immigration Intention.
They can issued a visa, but they gonna give her a really hard time.

P.S

I wanted to invite my parents too. They living in other country than my COP
They don't have any intention to immigrate, because of their age and language, it's really hard for them. You know it's a different world if you don't understand language.
But they didn't even try to get visa. A travel office agent told them, you will never get a visa, because of my status. Even now when I am LPR, Im Asylee forever. Once an asylee, forever an asylee. :)

It's not easy to prove that a person has no intention to immigrate, if half of his/her family immigrated.

I see... I guess my mom will have to wait till citizenship and sponsor my grandma for a GC... even if she is not planning to immigrate to the US

it's not necessary to file a petition for her. It can be just written letter where your mother(citizen) inviting her mother to visit her for a while. She'll get her B visa.

My sister married an US Citizen and she had no problem 3 years ago with getting B1 visa instead of Petition for Relative, even I was in asylee status at that time. I mean there is a difference who invited a relatives to US - Citizens or LPRs. She was invited by her husband US Citizen. They lived abroad at that time.

shadow26......from where did you get that when applying for a VISA they ask how did your relative in US obtained such GC???

please........

I do not think the form ask how you obtained your LPR status. The officer could ask that question during the interview.

shadow26......from where did you get that when applying for a VISA they ask how did your relative in US obtained such GC???

please........

Visa application asking you write all relatives in US including those who are visitor student etc.

The officer WILL ask you about your relatives!