GC from previous employer

ngoth

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Here is my situation:

With my previous employer, I had two stages of GC processing done. I had cleared the 140 stage and I was waiting for my priority date to become current to start the I-485. I waited for almost 8 months for that. At that time I was offered a nice job with some other company which I could not pass.

So, I quit my previous employer and I joined this other company. They also started by GC. However, my labor is not yet cleared due to the horrible events in NYC. (The company is located in NYC.) They filed for my labor in May 2001 and I am still waiting.

I am getting concerned about such a long delay in the GC processing. I have just less than 2 years on my H-1 visa left. So, I was wondering, if I should contact my previous employer to help me continue my GC where I left it. Is it possible to do such a thing? Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, it would be great if anybody let me know if she/he is also waiting for labor to be cleared in NYC. And, how long does it take to complete the processing of I-140?

Thanks in advance,

NG

No Title

It is possible to get your previous employer to continue your
GC provided the I-140 has not been revoked/reused.

No Title

Thanks for replying. I don\'t think my 140 is revoked or even reused. However, my follow up question is, is it possible to continue the GC from previous employer even if I don\'t work for them?

Any ideas on how to continue GC with my previous employer would be much appreciated.

Thanks again,

NG

No Title

ngoth,

I think it is possible to continue GC with the previous employer if the employer has an intent to hire you in future. So, at this stage if your former employer is willing to hire you in future you can probably file I-485 based on approved I-140 petition. However, during I-485 approval you might get a RFE for employment verification at which time you will have to produce future hire letter.