• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

GC delivery issue

LouiseR

Hi all,

I’m about to lodge my AOS. I will be moving end of August (filing with my current address). I’m wondering what will happen if say, the Greencard doesn’t arrive at my address by August 30? What kind of headaches will i be in for?

Thankyou for the help

It will almost certainly not be approved by August. You will do a change of address at USCIS online. You should also do post office mail forwarding in case USCIS still sends mail to the old address even after the change of address.

USPS does not forward USCIS mail (marked return service requested, as green cards are) regardless of whether there is a USPS change of address on file.

I assume this is a DV application given the forum it’s in? If so there is a possibility it will be adjudicated by end August. If not, file AR-11 change of address form online noting in the relevant part that an application is in process.