GC at snail pace

Discussion in 'Visa Bulletin and Priority Dates Retrogression Iss' started by mngsale, Aug 2, 2011.

1. mngsale

mngsale New Member

Friends,

For all those who are waiting like me to obtain a GC (EB3 Category) since Nov 2002 (feels like forever), there should be a bill passed that provides a person with citizenship if he/she has lived legally in this country for 10 plus years, paid all taxes, was never involved in any criminal offence/legal issues etc. More in the lines of providing PR for people who lived legally and paid all taxes in the UK for 5 years.. It has been over 10 years already and it could take another couple before I see a GC in hand and imagine waiting for another 5 years to apply for Citizenship :), that is not going to happen in my case, chances are I will not even see my GC as I am ready to R2I, July 2012. This is so ridiculous we have to wait endlessly for a GC and not be able to apply for citizenship that could help us with other benefits which we deserve at a later stage in life like SSN money (if there is any left :)) etc or even simpler things like planning a trip to visit Disney or take a cruise when we feel like at some point in time later.. )We can't even take a cruise now even if we have the money and time to do that, atleast I am not comfortable doing it without a GC in hand). We now go back with a heavy heart that these little things can't be achieved inspite of putting up with so many uncertanities in this country for over 10 years... I guess it's called Destiny for some of us!!!