GC approved on 05/01/2009

ap41ap

Registered Users (C)
PD : Jan 2002 EB2 ( Priority Portability).
RD : May 2007
Got the plastic cards in to hand and the approval letters too.
GoodLuck to everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also got my card on 5/29 and got the card production ordered email for my spouse today(6/4/09)

best of luck to others..hope you will get yours too!!!

I applied for I765-EAD for my wife and this is what I received today. Why does it say OS155A ? Any thoughts?

Thank you!

===========================================

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: SRCXXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: OS155A , IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 8, 2009, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

*Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Taken from another forum at another site (don't know how true):
OS155a is an "Immigrant Visa packet". This is given to those people whose green card was approved in a consular processing abroad. They do not get a physical green card straight away while they are abroad. They receive a stamp in the passport to enter the country and form OS155a to apply for a physical GC right at the port of entry when they enter US. CBP stamps it at the border and submits it to USCIS service center for the issuance of the actual GC. I have no idea what this has to do with your case. I have 2 hypotheses. First, this may be a message for a different person which was mailed to you instead by some weird twist of USCIS software. Second, this may be the actual approval of your I-485 in which AO or some service center clerk made a mistake while filing the "application type" field in the card production order by selecting "OS-155A" instead of "I-485" from a pulldown menu. I would even think that the second guess is more likely than the first one because it involves a human error which is more likely than a computer one.

Thanks justdoit ! I guess once I get the "card" in hand I will know for sure.