GC Application: Does labor show immigration intent?

taxsaver

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I know that there are 3 stages in a greed card petition, labor, I-140 and I-485. I want to know if applying for the labor shows immigration intent or not? Which stage actually shows the immigration intent? I have a genuine US based employer and in EB2 category (did MS from US).

Reason for asking question: In one year, I *might* decide to go back to India, stay there for 2 years and then come back again to US on F-1 to do MBA. I know that I will not get an F-1 visa if I have shown immigration intent earlier. If applying for labor (as part of GC process) does show immigration intent, then its bad news for my future F-1 application.

However, if applying for labor as part of GC does NOT show immigration intent, then I might as well go ahead, in case I plan to stay on in the US after one year.

Thanks for your help guys!

PS: how much time does it take these days to get labor approval?

As far as I know labor cirtification is not a immigration petition. But get it confirmed by a lawyer. When you reapply the couselor officer will get access to all the information about you. Belive me, I was asked about a GC lottery application my dad filed when I was young in which he had included me as a dependent.
I am not sure weather the filing goes as you filing it or company filing it.

As far as I learned, even I-140 is not an immigrant intent (since it is filed by the employer not employee). However, I-485 most definitely is.