Frustrated With Passport Agency

depaulbluedemon

I applied for a U.S. Passport on January 17. I became a naturalized citizen through my mother.

Letter says fine, submit an official notarized translation of your foreign birth certificate (I originally submitted a copy of this document because I used an online agency for translation, received an official translation after I submitted my passport application). That's fine, that's on me. However, the letter also states that I need to submit my official birth certificate which I already DID. I sent that with my original passport application. I just spent about an hour going through all of my personal documents attempting to find another official copy, but the one I submitted was the ONLY one. Now I am really worried. I drafted a letter which states that my original birth certificate was submitted with my original application. I mailed that letter with the notarized translation, but I hope they aren't confused in anyway.

I am quite annoyed. I need a U.S. Passport to serve as proof of my citizenship. I elected to go the passport route because of the time/money I would save over the N600 route. Also have an anxiety disorder which is flaring up like crazy.

My passport is being handled by the Chicago Passport Agency.

EDIT: I've been reading more posts regarding missing documents and the Chicago Passport Agency and it looks like I can go there in person. Luckily I am close to the facility.

Last edited by a moderator: