Friends romans and countrymen-another may02 bites the dust

Hi tombaan,

Approval Letter (your or lawyer) one for each applicant.

2 Photographs (regular style-passport) even it says side face in the approval.

Passport valid min 6months.

Infopass for each applicant one.

All your EAD, AP and I-94/I-20(what ever)

What ever they asked give them, keep other in your Album as record.

All the best.

BaSh

Great News!!!

Congratulations to you and your family.

Enjoy your PR status and freedom...........

Congratulations from another 2002 roman

Congrats,
we did fingerprinting early (scheduled 01/16 did it 12/14) ...
FBI cleared us the same day (I called the number)...
Waiting with faith.....

Maybe the long wait is going to be over soon....

andreab67

Priority Date : 08/01
I485: 09/02
FP: 12/04
AD: ......?.......

got approval notices

today i.e. 3 days from approval.
Couple of questions?
do we need get stamped immediately or can we wait like a month? my wifes passport has less than months and new passport will take a month

U become a PR from the date of approval. So u can go whenever u feel like. But u got to go for stamping as only this will initiate the physical card . Its a good idea to go with a renewed passport.

Cheers

Tanjar

tombaan said:
today i.e. 3 days from approval.
Couple of questions?
do we need get stamped immediately or can we wait like a month? my wifes passport has less than months and new passport will take a month

If the passport is not valid for more than 6 months, then the officer will most probably just stamp a piece of white cardboard (similar to the paper used for I-94), or he may choose to stamp the passport at his discretion. Go for the stamping either way. Do not delay just because the passport is about to expire. This way you will get your card sooner.

My friend got stamped this way. He showed me the white paper he got from the officer with his stamp on it(about 4x4 inches)

if u are going without renewing the passport u need to carry extra set of pictures is what i understand. So go with 4 pictures instead of the normal 2.

Cheers

Tanjar

tombaan;

Yes, your son does need to go for the stamping. Kids more than 6 years of age are required to get their pp stamped.

wife got stamped

My wife went and had her passport stamped. the officer was pretty nice it seems and said the whole family should have come instead of coming alone. he stamped on her passport even though it is set to expire in may. HE also informed her that she can come back with the new passport and he would stamp it for her.

tomorrow i will take my son and hopefully we all will be done :D :D :) :p

stamped

Finally the whole family is done. it was such a clerical process. they just took my documents put my ead and phote in one packet attached it to some form the pretty girl was filling up. :D she made us sign twice and then took our finger for :p finger prints on the same paper.then she scribled and stamped my passport that was it...it took about 30 mts waiting the process took 15 minutes for two of us.

I will still visit the forum but i am sure it will not be like 1000 times a day. I am trying to get out of the habit but it is kind of difficult to stop something I have been doing for 5 years

take care and best of luck