fpgee

mereddy

Registered Users (C)
hi everybody,
i am new to this site and i just wanted to a question ...

i completed my b.pharmacy from india in 1999 , got married and came to us . now i want to write fpgee but i did not apply yet so could any one tell me exactly what to do from scratch .

Hurry Up

Hi,
Do u know that the minimum qualification for writing FPGE is Masters from this dec?yeh it is from this dec.so u apply asap &get the ATT before dec.For applying fpge, u need attested copies of your degree certificate,transcripts&state license.
These have to be attested from the issuing body and sealed in the envelope &signed by them .These should be forwarded to NABP along with yr application.For more information u can visit NABP site also. But whatever u do ,do it fast
Good Luck

But the NABP site says 5 years Pharmacy program is required only for people who graduate after January 1, 2003. That means, as long as you have graduated before December 31, 2002 with a 4 year Pharmacy degree you will be eligible for FPGEE irrespective of when you apply. Thats my understanding? Can someone correct me if I am wrong?

http://www.nabp.net/FPGEC_NEWS.asp

Yes, you are correct

below is the excerpt from nabp.net

FPGEC Changes Pharmacy Curriculum Requirement Effective

January 1, 2003

8/23/02

Beginning January 1, 2003, the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy® (NABP®) will require foreign-educated pharmacists to have their professional degree from a five-year curriculum program in order to apply for Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Examination Committee® (FPGEC®) Certification.

The program change affects only those foreign-educated pharmacists who have earned a pharmacy degree after January 1, 2003. These pharmacists must have graduated from a five-year degree program.

The new curriculum requirements do not apply to foreign-educated pharmacists who have earned a four-year degree prior to January 1, 2003. These individuals will remain eligible for the FPGEC Certification under the current program requirements.