FPGEE eligibility

rtinkam

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I have questions in regard to how can a foreign trained B.Pharm (4 years) student can become a licenced pharmacist in USA. I heard that it should be fve years some thing. What is this all to do with 4 and 5 years thingy. Does the rule changed from 4 years to 5 years or what? I am confused.

What if some body has done B.pharm(4 years) + M.pharm in India and then come to USA By marrying to a US citizen with a greencard? How can they become a licensed pharmacist here in USA. Thanks.

hello rtinkam,

NABP are accepting applicants for fpgee with four year degree if you graduated before January 2003. Those who graduated after that date should have a 5 year degree. Even you have masters degree and just have 4 year course after January 2003, you are not eligible.

It doesnt matter if you are married to a U.S citizen or a greencard holder what they want is the required degree not your visa. :rolleyes:

FPGEE eligiblity

hey,
what year did you graduate? Any one graduating after 2003 will have to follow the 5 year criteria. if you graduated before 2003 with a 4 year degree you can still apply.
are u in USA currently or abroad?

What is the reason for this 5-years requirement? I can not think of any thing except for stopping the foreign pharmacists.

Do you know whether they accept the 4 year degree if they graduate before 01/01/2003? Say my friend got his B.pharm 4 year degree in India in 1992. If he comes to USA can he get license?

For another relative sake are there any 5 year B.pharm degrees in INdia at least now?

Fpgee

I am in the process of FPGEE registration. I want to share this with whoever is in this painful waiting period.
this process realitiscally takes atleast 1.5 years. a friend who got here a while ago waited 4 years!!!
I just pray we all who are waiting could get thru it soon and fast.
god bless

rtinkam said:
What is the reason for this 5-years requirement? I can not think of any thing except for stopping the foreign pharmacists.

Do you know whether they accept the 4 year degree if they graduate before 01/01/2003? Say my friend got his B.pharm 4 year degree in India in 1992. If he comes to USA can he get license?

For another relative sake are there any 5 year B.pharm degrees in INdia at least now?

yes he can still appy. last I heard it was any graduates graduating after 2003 that needed to be having 5 year degree. send him all the forms from here and get him to submit before hand as it takes forever here to wait for any exam dates.
hope this helps.

Hi,

I will do so. Tnanks.

How come they do not accept Bpharm + Mpharm as equivalent to 5 year degree?

What are the ways to get around with this. Can they go to school here one extra year to make it eqaul????????????? how to solve this???

Im from the Philippines and I graduated long before Jan.2003. Yes, that is right, if you graduated before 2003 you are eligible for fpgee. The reason they change it for five years because they want foreign graduate to meet the U.S standard.

Im here in the U.S married to a U.S citizen.......

Need advice

My sister is a green card holder, living in India, and is about to join B-Pharn in India. She plans to come to US after graduation. Is it a good for her to do that? Please advice.

Is there an age limit for FPGEE

squeaky_1208 said:
Im from the Philippines and I graduated long before Jan.2003. Yes, that is right, if you graduated before 2003 you are eligible for fpgee. The reason they change it for five years because they want foreign graduate to meet the U.S standard.

Im here in the U.S married to a U.S citizen.......

Is there an age limit fpr FPGEE

Kumusta,

I'm new in this forum and I came across your reply in one of the question asked. I'm Dahlia a Filipino. I finished my Pharmacy course in the Philippines in 1986, feeling ko I might be too old for the exam. I became interested to take the exam. after my family visited the US last June. Indeed it is a very nice place and lots of opportunities.
I'm presently residing in Singapore and since we moved here six years ago i've not worked since then. Just want to ask your advice how to prepare for FPGEE, books to read and requirements for application. Thank you. MABUHAY

God Bless
Dahlia

Hi,
Anyone knows about the ECE process for evaluation? I graduated 8 years ego how could I submit my original documents in the sealed envelope by the issuing body? I do not access to my university but I have the original copy by myself.