FP verification

How to know if FBI done with my FP verification. Is there any website to check.

No, there is no web site. You can call the USCIS toll-free number and attempt to speak to a second-level IO or you can schedule an InfoPass and find out that way.

Call FBI at 304-625-5590. You will need to give either your A-number or your case number.

This call is a straighforward one, and they do answer immediately. This will at least confirm if they had received your fingerprints, processed them and passed on the results to USCIS

Call FBI at 304-625-5590. You will need to give either your A-number or your case number.

This call is a straighforward one, and they do answer immediately. This will at least confirm if they had received your fingerprints, processed them and passed on the results to USCIS

This will only give you the information on your finger prints. How can we find out if they finished with our name check as well?

Prithis,
I have completed my FP today. How soon can I call FBI to know if they have received my finger prints and the status?

Prithis,
I have completed my FP today. How soon can I call FBI to know if they have received my finger prints and the status?

I called them a week after my FP appointment, and they were able to tell me that my fingerprint results had cleared and had been sent to USCIS the day after my appointment. I got the feeling that I might have got the result earlier if I had called earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
When we call FBI regarding our Fingerprints status, do they tell the detailed status? When I called them, they have told me that my finger prints were received on 25th (same day as my FP done) and the results were sent to USCIS on the same day. I didn't ask them whether they were readable or not OR the results of the verification.
Is this OK?

When we call FBI regarding our Fingerprints status, do they tell the detailed status? When I called them, they have told me that my finger prints were received on 25th (same day as my FP done) and the results were sent to USCIS on the same day. I didn't ask them whether they were readable or not OR the results of the verification.
Is this OK?

I called them today (I got a second FP notice because FBI was unable to process the first set) and they told me it was processed and sent to the requesting agency. The lady said I would have to call the agency to find out the result. So I guess FBI does not provide the result. But I would *ASSUME* that if they were sent back immediately that there is no problem most likely - because if there was - I presume they would do a more thorough look up and not be able to send those back immediately. Just my $0.02

FBI Inquiery

Called FBI # 304 625 5590
Option 2 - 5

Recording Message - Finger print result is sent with in 24 hrs. Name Check Is done in DC and they can't help with that.

Pressed 3 to speak with Agent and she confirmed that my FP were received on 24th ( next day after FP) and returned same day

My 2 cents

Guys,
I doubt that many will be in my shoes, but...

I had FP taken on April 15, 2009. Called FBI 3 weeks later, was told prints were readable and results sent back to USCIS the same day.

Never got 2nd FP letter. So was thinking everything was OK on this end.

Since then called USCIS many times asking about my case update (no Q for interview) - heard dozens different versions.

And only today found out my prints were rejected!

Called back FBI and was told they were not readable!

2,5 months after my 1st FP! And no 2nd FP letter.

Have Infopass for tomorrow, will keep you updated.

Bottom line is, you can't trust what they tell you. And be pro-active if you don't her from them in a timely manner.

Guys,
I doubt that many will be in my shoes, but...

I had FP taken on April 15, 2009. Called FBI 3 weeks later, was told prints were readable and results sent back to USCIS the same day.

Never got 2nd FP letter. So was thinking everything was OK on this end.

Since then called USCIS many times asking about my case update (no Q for interview) - heard dozens different versions.

And only today found out my prints were rejected!

Called back FBI and was told they were not readable!

2,5 months after my 1st FP! And no 2nd FP letter.

Have Infopass for tomorrow, will keep you updated.

Bottom line is, you can't trust what they tell you. And be pro-active if you don't her from them in a timely manner.

Thanks for the update HudsonValley. Hope you will get some positive response tomorrow. All the best..

Hi guys,
seems like my FP saga will go on. Infopass was useless and unfriednly. IO told me it's not their jurisdiction, because my file is at NBC. They told me to contact NBC directly.
Also it was their impression that I'm too anxious, because it has just been 2,5 months since my failed 1st FP.
Their answer is basically, don't forget that USC is a priviledge, so be quiet and wait till you hear from them.
:mad:
So I wrote a letter and sent it to NBC POBox and also opened a service request via useless 800# and was told to wait at least 45 days for reply.