FP Re-do

Inlineagain

Registered Users (C)
I've just received notice I797C - got all excited when I saw the offical envelope, until I opened it!

I have to have fingerprints re-done "The FBI was unable to process your fingerprint card".:(

Anyone else had this? I hope it doesn't hold processing up too much.
New appointment 22 January.

I had the same problem.

My finger prints were re-taken and they didn't work the second time either.

I got my interview about 2 months after the second FPs. In the appointment, after passing the test, I learned that the second set of FP didn't work either and that I needed notirized background check documents obtained from the courts of the cities that I have lived during the past 5 years. (Don't use any service that provide background checks because that doesn't work for the citizenship process)

Make sure you have that with you when you go to the appointment. I didn't have those and I had to go back home and email it once I got them.

My oath was 3 months after I sent all the documents.

Good Luck

Temiga - Oh, many thanks for your helpful reply.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the second try works (or perhaps I won't keep my fingers crossed - that would help!!)

I had a same problem

On the day of my first FP, it was cold and dry, and my fingers were rather rough, I think. I read through some older threads and learned that Corn Huskers Lotion would work well to improve the quality of fingerprints. Apparently that's what FBI and other law enforcement agencies recommend. I've been religiously using the lotion in preparation of my 2nd FP!