FP Notice lost in mail

kumarg55

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My FPing is scheduled on Nov 21 and lawyer sent me original FP notice which is lost in mail, also I did not received a copy from USCIS which I am supposed to. Can any one tell me what are my options w.r.t this situation.

1)Does a copy of FP notice will be accepted at the FPing office?

2)How can I receive one more FP notice from USCIS before 21st Nov or do I have to reschedule the FPing if so how?

Appreciate any information ....

Thanks
Kumarg55

Did your lawyer sent his copy? If he did, then take that and get the FP done. In my case, I didn't receive my copy, so I had to go to the FP appointment with the lawyer's copy.

USCIS sent out two copies - one to you and one to the lawyer. Both are considered to be original.

BTW - I received my copy after after I got the FP done i.e. my FP was on 10/20 and I got my copy on 11/09 - this happened due the address change.

Hi Resident1374,

Thanks for replying.Actually lawyer has sent his original copy which is lost in mail and I never recieved my copy from USCIS so far. So now I donot have either mine or lawyers copy of FP notice all I got is a photocopy of lawyers FP notice. Any thoughts if Fping office accepts phtocopy?

Thanks
Kumarg55

I have seen people take photo-copies and getting FP done.

I think you should be OK. Make sure it is good quality copy so that their scanner can read the bar-code since they generally do not punch in your info.

Hi Resident1374,

Thanks for replying.Actually lawyer has sent his original copy which is lost in mail and I never recieved my copy from USCIS so far. So now I donot have either mine or lawyers copy of FP notice all I got is a photocopy of lawyers FP notice. Any thoughts if Fping office accepts phtocopy?

Thanks
Kumarg55

Yeah take the Photocopy. Your appointment is in their system. Usually there is a barcode (on the original), which they scan. Well, if you don't have the original then they will just enter the barcode number. Don't worry - you will be okay. Just make sure you are present during your appointment day.