FP notice for TSC after July 27?

Has anyone who applied to TSC after July 27 received their FP notice yet?

Bobsmyth -

I was wondering about your FP notice actually. And the fact that your LUD date is a few days after your NOA date means they took action after they sent out the NOA. In my case, the LUD changed to a day after they sent out my FP notice. You may want to call and inquire about your FP notice.

Bobsmyth -

I was wondering about your FP notice actually. And the fact that your LUD date is a few days after your NOA date means they took action after they sent out the NOA. In my case, the LUD changed to a day after they sent out my FP notice. You may want to call and inquire about your FP notice.

Actually the LUD I posted is the one I came up with (last time I updated my status on this board) and not from USCIS website. The website doesn't even show my SSC*00xxxxxxxx number as being valid. When I last spoke to USCIS a few weeks ago they told me that my file is in line for FP most likely in January.

Bob, i dont know for sure but when i look up her case number through the USCIS website, it states that they received her application on November 5,2007.

Please post your updates...

Hi all,

I would encourage those who sent applications after July and who have received FP notices from TSC to update this thread.

It would help us all tremendously in planning our lives knowing when things are moving. Personally, I need to make a longish trip outside the US to deal with some urgent family issues and the uncertainty is making it hard to plan. Its driving me crazy.

On a side note, it would be nice to somehow consolidate per service center and per DO stats in a structured way rather than have to go through multiple random threads on the forum. One simple approach would be to have a sticky thread for updates related to each service center where each of us could post updates. A more sophisticated solution would be to have some kind of database back end. Its not hard to do but its possibly beyond the scope of this site.

Regards,
Coredump
--
Service Center: TSC, DO: Miami
N400 Mailed: 8/18/2007
N400 Delivered: 8/22/2007
Check Cashed: 12/26/2007
NOA: ?
FP: ?
IL: ?
Oath: ?
Get a Life: ?

Well I had called USCIS on Dec 28th and found that they have mailed the FP notice on Dec 21st. My date is Jan 15th. As I have moved residence (in the same city and zipcode), and updated the address 3 times with USCIS but for some reason their system still shows my old address. So all their correspondence is going to my old address and I have not yet physically received either a NOA or FP notice.

To make matters worse they say that it takes 30 to 45 days for the change of address to reflect in their system. One needs the FP notice to go for the FP appointment. Even to send a copy of the notice to my new address they need 30 days! So the officer was very confident that I will miss my Jan 15th appointment and they will send a new date when the change of address takes effect in their system.

This is the most ridiculous organization I have ever faced! A change of address should be the simplest of their problems but it seems they are inept to even make that change efficiently! Very FRUSTRATING!!!!

Well I had called USCIS on Dec 28th and found that they have mailed the FP notice on Dec 21st. My date is Jan 15th. As I have moved residence (in the same city and zipcode), and updated the address 3 times with USCIS but for some reason their system still shows my old address. So all their correspondence is going to my old address and I have not yet physically received either a NOA or FP notice.

To make matters worse they say that it takes 30 to 45 days for the change of address to reflect in their system. One needs the FP notice to go for the FP appointment. Even to send a copy of the notice to my new address they need 30 days! So the officer was very confident that I will miss my Jan 15th appointment and they will send a new date when the change of address takes effect in their system.

This is the most ridiculous organization I have ever faced! A change of address should be the simplest of their problems but it seems they are inept to even make that change efficiently! Very FRUSTRATING!!!!

Are you sure you spoke to an Immigration Officer at TCS? It seems to me that you dialed the 800# and spoke to a customer service representative who filled out an online change of address form for you. If this is the case, then the 30 day time frame makes sense as the form has to be sent to TCS and someone at TCS must physically update your address in the Claims 4 database.

From my personal experience, I can tell you that if you speak to an Immigration Officer at your service center, they will be able to update your records and send you a duplicate FP notice on the SAME day. In fact, while you are talking to them. This happened to me personally a few years back and I specifically asked to speak to an Immigration Officer at VSC who upon looking up my case information was able to verify my identity and update my address on the spot. I got the 2nd notice a week later with the original date.

Hope this helps.

Actually the LUD I posted is the one I came up with (last time I updated my status on this board) and not from USCIS website. The website doesn't even show my SSC*00xxxxxxxx number as being valid. When I last spoke to USCIS a few weeks ago they told me that my file is in line for FP most likely in January.

I can't believe your online status doesn't show. TCS is unbelievable. The only good thing about the portfolio is the ability to see the LUD and know that someone touched your case for some reason. In my example, the LUD was 11/30 (which matches when my NOA was printed) and it then it went to 12/03 (which matches my FP notice date). Ironically, both notices were mailed out on the same day - on 12/6!

I can't believe your online status doesn't show. TCS is unbelievable. The only good thing about the portfolio is the ability to see the LUD and know that someone touched your case for some reason. In my example, the LUD was 11/30 (which matches when my NOA was printed) and it then it went to 12/03 (which matches my FP notice date). Ironically, both notices were mailed out on the same day - on 12/6!

I even back tracked SSC numbers on the USCIS website (all the way to ssc*001403592) and the latest date I came across was November 29, with LUD of 12/6. So it seems USCIS hasn't entered any SSC numbers after 11/29 on their website (perhaps due to recent focus on receipting backlogged applications.)

Are you sure you spoke to an Immigration Officer at TCS? It seems to me that you dialed the 800# and spoke to a customer service representative who filled out an online change of address form for you. If this is the case, then the 30 day time frame makes sense as the form has to be sent to TCS and someone at TCS must physically update your address in the Claims 4 database.

From my personal experience, I can tell you that if you speak to an Immigration Officer at your service center, they will be able to update your records and send you a duplicate FP notice on the SAME day. In fact, while you are talking to them. This happened to me personally a few years back and I specifically asked to speak to an Immigration Officer at VSC who upon looking up my case information was able to verify my identity and update my address on the spot. I got the 2nd notice a week later with the original date.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your reply LolaLi. Few years back when we could speak to the service centers directly, I was also able to get a duplicate receipt notice. This time I had dialed the 800 number and the agent there transfered me to an Immigration Officer as they could not pull up the record by the case #. My case does not show up online and as per the multiple people as USCIS its very common with N-400 cases to not show up online! So I have spoken to Immigration Officers on 2 occassions and both have mentioned that the time for the address change is atleast 30 days.....

I even back tracked SSC numbers on the USCIS website (all the way to ssc*001403592) and the latest date I came across was November 29, with LUD of 12/6. So it seems USCIS hasn't entered any SSC numbers after 11/29 on their website (perhaps due to recent focus on receipting backlogged applications.)
Bobsmyth, you should call up USCIS tomorrow and get your date. I suspect you will be having an FP date of around Jan 15th.(maybe earlier!)

this might be helpful

Hi all,

I would encourage those who sent applications after July and who have received FP notices from TSC to update this thread.

It would help us all tremendously in planning our lives knowing when things are moving. Personally, I need to make a longish trip outside the US to deal with some urgent family issues and the uncertainty is making it hard to plan. Its driving me crazy.

On a side note, it would be nice to somehow consolidate per service center and per DO stats in a structured way rather than have to go through multiple random threads on the forum. One simple approach would be to have a sticky thread for updates related to each service center where each of us could post updates. A more sophisticated solution would be to have some kind of database back end. Its not hard to do but its possibly beyond the scope of this site.

Regards,
Coredump
--
Service Center: TSC, DO: Miami
N400 Mailed: 8/18/2007
N400 Delivered: 8/22/2007
Check Cashed: 12/26/2007
NOA: ?
FP: ?
IL: ?
Oath: ?
Get a Life: ?

please see my signature below, I applied at TSC and my district office is Miami. I applied before the July mess but it might be of some help to you. good luck!

Bob,
My case is also not yet available online and i haven't received a FP notice yet. My case no. is close to yours : SSC*00141XXXX . Did you notice that the number that was on the back of the check is not the same as the case notice? They are different in my case.

My DO is Atlanta, what's yours?

Hi,
Can you tell us what DO? Thanks.

I am in the same boat

I did recieve my NOA today.
My receipt No is SSC*0014XXXXX, it does not work on the USCIS website for check status.
Also the number written on the check was different than what my reciept number is.

Bob,
My case is also not yet available online and i haven't received a FP notice yet. My case no. is close to yours : SSC*00141XXXX . Did you notice that the number that was on the back of the check is not the same as the case notice? They are different in my case.

My DO is Atlanta, what's yours?

The number on back of your check is not the NOA receipt number, that's the check cashing reference number. If you don't have another another number in font of check , USCIS didn't include it on check (same thing happened to my check). As far as I can tell, USCIS has not updated any cases with NOA dates after November 29 on their website. My Do is Charlotte. I noted another posted from same DO who sent in application 1 week before mine and already has received his FP notice for January appointment.