FP for I-485 and I-765...confused

detroitkam

Registered Users (C)
I had I-485 based FP/Biometric today. I currently have an iEAD as I never recieved a FP notice for I-765. When I received my iEAD, I was asked to take my I-765 FP at a same time (as I-485). Today, when I told the FP support center that I like to take my I-765 FP, they said the "Code 3" FP should cover both I-485 and I-765. I later called 1-800 number just to be sure and they informed me that FPs for I-485 and I-765 are handled by two different offices. So, I-485 FP may not cover I-765. I am confused here. I don't want to end up take Info Pass appointment every month to get my iEAD extended.

what i heard is

you can have both FP done at the same time, code 3 does cover code 2. So you should be fine.

detroitkam said:
I don't want to end up take Info Pass appointment every month to get my iEAD extended.

iEAD is valid for 8 months. Why would you have to extend it every month?

detroitkam said:
I had I-485 based FP/Biometric today. I currently have an iEAD as I never recieved a FP notice for I-765. When I received my iEAD, I was asked to take my I-765 FP at a same time (as I-485). Today, when I told the FP support center that I like to take my I-765 FP, they said the "Code 3" FP should cover both I-485 and I-765. I later called 1-800 number just to be sure and they informed me that FPs for I-485 and I-765 are handled by two different offices. So, I-485 FP may not cover I-765. I am confused here. I don't want to end up take Info Pass appointment every month to get my iEAD extended.

I did 1-485 FP 11/28. as code 1. I just twice, they said it is code 1. I guess code 2 is I-765 and code 3 covers both above.
the person who did FP to me is so unprofessional, chatting, laughing, and careless about result. I had little cut on my finger, she said it is ok while she was laughing and chatting with SPANISH!! God, I wish those people should show little bit respect and get proper job trainning. damn...

They issued me an iEAD valid for only 2 months saying that since I have a FP appointment scheduled, I should get EAD FP done on the same day. So, if I don't recieve my EAD in mail in next 2 weeks, I will have schedule another Infopass to get another iEAD and that would mean taking another 4 hours off from work.