FP Experience - Newark September 2005

njrirlabor

Registered Users (C)
Just wanted to share my Finger Print ( FP) experience at the Newark done earlier today.

Summary: Arrived at the building @ 8am. Left the building at 9am. So just took one hour.

Me and my wife had a 8am appointment this morning, and we arrived there just at 8am. It was not possible to go earlier, as we had out 2 year old son with us.

There were no big lines coming out of the building either. I guess we were lucky as on this day, there was not much of a rush.

There was a large waiting room on the ground level, which had a line of about 10-15 people. After that we were told to go upstairs to the second floor, where they checked for FP notices and handed out forms to fill out. There were about 20-30 people here. Lines just moved. We were not waiting in line at any spot for more than 1 min or so. At this point, we were waiting in line to go into the Main Finger Printing hall.

There were people at the entrance of the main finger printing hall, who called people from this line one by one. They checked FP notice, ID ( passport or DL) and gave a number.

Now we arrived in the main FP hall, and they called by numbers. There are multiple booths for FP and photos, so the numbers got called very quickly. We hardly waited for 5-10 mins in the waiting hall and our number was called. It took about 5-10 mins for them to do our finger prints and we were done. The staff was very efficient and courteous.

Thought I would share my experience with you folks..