FP Code 1 - Is it automatic - Does it mean anything

ela6

Registered Users (C)
FP Notice Code 1 Received- Is it automatically sent to all

Hi folks,
I had filed 485 based on NIW in March 2005. I took finger print code 3 in April 2005. My case went into retrogression. I got another I140 approved based on labor in sept 2006. My 485 was transferred to Nebraska recently. I had sent in a letter to substitute/interfile my recently approved I140 (which has the PD current). I did not get any response.
I got a FP code 1 notice today. I research this forum and found that somone had mentioned that FP notices are sent automatically when the old ones are expiring. In my case the month matches the original code 3 date (april 2005).

I have the following questions:
First of all, is FP notice sent to applications that are NOT currnet?

I am curious to find out if the notice is automatic (does not mean anything in terms of approval)?

Why code 1 instead of code 3. (A month ago I did my biometrics for EAD).

BTW, there was NO change in LUD!!

My application is current based on one I140 and not current based on the other. The answers to these questions will help me figure if the 140 relink/substitution has taken place
Any comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi folks,
I had filed 485 based on NIW in March 2005. I took finger print code 3 in April 2005. My case went into retrogression. I got another I140 approved based on labor in sept 2006. My 485 was transferred to Nebraska recently. I had sent in a letter to substitute/interfile my recently approved I140 (which has the PD current). I did not get any response.
I got a FP code 1 notice today. I research this forum and found that somone had mentioned that FP notices are sent automatically when the old ones are expiring. In my case the month matches the original code 3 date (april 2005).

I am curious to find out if the notice is automatic (doesn't mean anything) or what.

Why code 1 instead of code 3. (A month ago I did my biometrics for EAD).

BTW, there was NO change in LUD!!

Any comments?

I don't think it is automatic. If that is the case I should have got FP notice by now since my FP was done in Oct. 2005. Not sure about code 1.